RCCI called me about my survey

Does this happen often? Have you gotten a call regarding your survey?

I sent in my survey and forgot to add something about the horrible salad bar selections in the WJ and I actually got a call back. They called to discuss the salad bar and the assistant waiter we had in the MDR. I hope they take it easy on him. I also mentioned about the person stealing at Café Lattitudes because oddly she didn't bring it up. At least they took it seriously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I sent in my survey and forgot to add something about the horrible salad bar selections in the WJ and I actually got a call back. They called to discuss the salad bar and the assistant waiter we had in the MDR. I hope they take it easy on him. I also mentioned about the person stealing at Café Lattitudes because oddly she didn't bring it up. At least they took it seriously.

What were they stealing? They weren't pointed out to security?

I have been contacted via email about a hazard we encountered in the Barefoot Cabanas once on Labadee . And also contacted onboard by the Guest Services Mgr. personally after the first leg of our B2B while we were still onboard. Apparently Miami forwarded our survey to her and had her follow up with a meeting with us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Was the person stealing the "e"?

14 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

My husband has had a phone call after several of our cruises after we had filled in the online survey. The calls were quite lengthy (about 30 minutes). After the last one, they kindly added a glass of champagne each to our SeaPass cards for our next cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I’ve been contacted before when I had a horrible experience with shore excursions. They did a great job of following up and made sure I was happy in the end by offering me future cruise credit

• Like 1

I was told by a restaurant manager that a bad comment naming someone specifically on a survey would have grave consequences for that person. Anytime we have run into an issue we try to resolve it aboard. It would be a shame to ruin someone's future over a comment to action they took. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:28 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I don't believe it!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, robandana said:

I was told by a restaurant manager that a bad comment naming someone specifically on a survey would have grave consequences for that person. Anytime we have run into an issue we try to resolve it aboard. It would be a shame to ruin someone's future over a comment to action they took. 

I agree it is best to speak to the crew members manager.

If things don't improve then mention names on the survey.

I only mention names to praise individuals who deserve recognition.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

A few years ago, we received a call back on the feedback we gave on an Indy “booze cruise” from Southampton to the Med. They acknowledged the experience isn’t what RC would like and gave us a nice discount on a future cruise we had booked. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, robandana said:

WOW! No one wants that sitting on their hearts. But hey, its the internet and the other person is a nameless, faceless person, right? Grave consequences? Do they make him walk the plank? Kill him? Because those are grave consequences. 

We tried on board with the waiter, head waiter,  and directly with employee. Still tipped him a little extra but if someone is giving sub par service and has day after day to fix it and is clearly not getting it then what? 

Oh wait, we come on cc and complain about it and do nothing about it, that's right, I forgot. 

Edited by Cru1s1ng2009

On 8/1/2019 at 10:18 PM, SamTimeDining said:

Crew or passenger? 

Crew. Not a huge deal because I would have tipped him more anyways. My daughter was getting something there every night and saw that each purchase had the tip included so she didn't add more and just signed the slip. At the end, each transaction had a $1 or $2 tip added. The odds are if he (same guy each night) did it to every single purchase of ours, he was doing it to others. 

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree it is best to speak to the crew members manager.

If things don't improve then mention names on the survey.

I only mention names to praise individuals who deserve recognition.

ok and when you do go to him, the waiter, and head waiter and the service doesn't change, then what? Do we all ignore it and then come on cc and complain how everything is going down hill, demand something be done without us doing anything,  and leave it at that?

Man, I wish I was given carte blanche to slack at work like this. 

I felt bad doing it but how is he going to get any better if we don't give honest feedback?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

ok and when you do go to him, the waiter, and head waiter and the service doesn't change, then what? Do we all ignore it and then come on cc and complain how everything is going down hill, demand something be done without us doing anything,  and leave it at that?

Man, I wish I was given carte blanche to slack at work like this. 

I felt bad doing it but how is he going to get any better if we don't give honest feedback?

Usually the management will sort problematic crew.

In 50 cruises I have  had a problem  with crew twice but as I said in the post you replied to,

If Things Don't Improve name names on your survey.

On these 2 issues on P&O

I contacted Carnival UK P&O owners by email and they followed up by phone.

On each occasion they gave me £100 obc for our next cruise and asked me if I was okay to let them deal with the issue in house.

1 hour ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Crew. Not a huge deal because I would have tipped him more anyways. My daughter was getting something there every night and saw that each purchase had the tip included so she didn't add more and just signed the slip. At the end, each transaction had a $1 or $2 tip added. The odds are if he (same guy each night) did it to every single purchase of ours, he was doing it to others. 

That's fraud and he deserves sacking.

• Like 2