Film crew and cast on board

fizzy1

45 minutes ago, godfreyb said:

If I had booked a cruise and were confronted with this, I would demand significant compensation or even demand my money back and compensation for incurred expenses.

Oh my ...!

You do not know when where and to what extent filming is going to happen.

You do not know if there is any significant disruption of service or any damage to any one passenger.

You do not know if the filming crew is not easily to be avoided on a ship of the size of the QM2.

But you know that this is an opportunity to extort money. 

Wow.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Oh my ...!

You do not know if there is any significant disruption of service or any damage to any one passenger.

You do not know if the filming crew is not easily to be avoided on a ship of the size of the QM2.

Wow.

Exactly... For all anyone knows, they could be filming a "behind the scenes" documentary and will be 90% of the time in the galleys, engine room, crew areas that passengers won't even see. 

Personally, I am hoping it is Jane MacDonald for Ch5! 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T5LHR said:

Exactly... For all anyone knows, they could be filming a "behind the scenes" documentary and will be 90% of the time in the galleys, engine room, crew areas that passengers won't even see. 

Personally, I am hoping it is Jane MacDonald for Ch5! 🙂

A cast and crew of 30, however (if accurate) is large. Too large to not be disruptive. A “Behind the scenes” does not in any way, shape or form, need that large of a complement. Not even close. I have experience to know.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, carlmm said:

Oh my ...!

Wow.

I have had enough experience with film crews to know that they are:

1. Economical with the truth

2. Evasive when it comes to damage

3. Order people around when they have no right to do so

I have also had to engage our attorneys to write a threatening letter to CBS when a crew filmed on the premises without proper permission.  The matter was settled out of court.

What's your experience with location scouts and film crews?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, K.S. said:

A cast and crew of 30, however (if accurate) is large. Too large to not be disruptive. A “Behind the scenes” does not in any way, shape or form, need that large of a complement. Not even close. I have experience to know.

I feel maybe, you have missed the point made in my previous post... No one has any idea of how many people are going to form the cast and crew. This number of 30 has suddenly appeared, and is now being treat as gospel with scare mongering from others that there is going to be mass disruption onboard with people being ordered about and whole sections of the ship out of bounds and cordoned off to allow for filming... 

For all anyone knows, it could be Jane MacDonald with her camera man and sound guy, and a producer. That would be all... But, sadly, in the age of keyboard warriors, it has to be more dramatic than that with little or no information to go on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt if Jane MacDonald would be featuring, Cunard is far too up market 😉 

For the last four years I've taken the 'Transatlantic Fashion Week' voyage , several days before departure guests receive an email advising that a film crew will be onboard filming. I've never encountered any problems with them, however,  the only thing is, I'm a bit miffed that I've not yet managed to see my self on any of the videos on Cunard Twitter or their corporate facebook page . 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

No one is sadly going to know till you board. I experienced a weekend away to Venice where the majority of st marks square was closed while they filmed the latest Spiderman movie.

We were not impressed that in high season the local council had agreed to that.

Edited by amfc_lenny

I will be travelling with a positive attitude and not expecting the film crew to cause me any inconvenience.

However if for example I couldn’t have lunch in my assigned restaurant one day as it was being used for filming I would be expecting appropriate compensation through guest services (maybe shipboard credit).

• Haha 1

I’ve just been sent some more information by my TA:

Important Notification
Queen Mary 2
M925
18 August 2019
New York, NY, USA Southampton, England, UK
14 Aug 19
 ***Important information - Filming on board***
Ahead of your voyage, we would like to update you on our previous communication regarding filming on board Queen Mary 2.
We are delighted to let you know that a feature film directed by Oscar winning filmmaker Steven Soderbergh and starring multiple Oscar and Emmy award winning actors will be filmed on board your upcoming crossing.
Whilst we are very excited that Queen Mary 2 will feature so prominently in the film, we do appreciate that you are here to enjoy your holiday and we have taken care in the planning to ensure that there will be minimal disruption to your enjoyment on board. We will continue to give details, in the Daily Programme, of all activities each day, so you can plan the days and nights of your voyage to suit you. For any budding actors, there will be exciting opportunities for you to participate in the film by appearing as an extra.
Once on board you will be able to register your interest.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

Important Notification
Queen Mary 2

We are delighted to let you know that a feature film directed by Oscar winning filmmaker Steven Soderbergh and starring multiple Oscar and Emmy award winning actors will be filmed on board your upcoming crossing.

Isn’t that the guy who will only make films on an iPhone?

43 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

Important Notification
Queen Mary 2
M925
18 August 2019
New York, NY, USA Southampton, England, UK
14 Aug 19
 ***Important information - Filming on board***
Ahead of your voyage, we would like to update you on our previous communication regarding filming on board Queen Mary 2.
Whilst we are very excited that Queen Mary 2 will feature so prominently in the film, we do appreciate that you are here to enjoy your holiday and we have taken care in the planning to ensure that there will be minimal disruption to your enjoyment on board. We will continue to give details, in the Daily Programme, of all activities each day, so you can plan the days and nights of your voyage to suit you. For any budding actors, there will be exciting opportunities for you to participate in the film by appearing as an extra.
Once on board you will be able to register your interest.

Oh my goodness ! is it too late for me to get a last minute ticket

"I'm ready for my close up Mr Demille"  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, tijc52 said:

My guess would be that this is for the new film "Let Them All Talk" which Soderbergh is filming with Meryl Streep.

Yes, it looks like that's the film all right. Just found this reply from earlier today on Steven Soderbergh's twitter feed.

"You’re gonna be filming Let Them All Talk on the Queen Mary 2 next week. I know that because I’m onboard right now and it was just announced by the captain. I just signed up to be an extra. Might see you there 👍"

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

I have friends onboard who signed up to be extras.  The crew is meeting with all the extras at 6 p.m. tonight in the Commodore Club.  Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep are in the movie but it's not clear if they are going to be on the voyage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul NH said:

I have friends onboard who signed up to be extras.  The crew is meeting with all the extras at 6 p.m. tonight in the Commodore Club.  Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep are in the movie but it's not clear if they are going to be on the voyage.

I guess they will be.

Found this article dated yesterday on the Variety website with some additional details about the film. Several other sites have posted similar articles.

HBO Max Lands Steven Soderbergh’s Next Film Starring Meryl Streep

Quoting portions of this article ...

"HBO Max has picked up Steven Soderbergh’s next film, the comedy “Let Them All Talk” starring Meryl Streep."

"Joining Streep in the ensemble cast are Candice Bergen, Dianne Wiest, Lucas Hedges and Gemma Chan."

"It’s the story of a celebrated author (Streep) who takes a journey with old friends to have some fun and heal old wounds. Her nephew (Hedges) comes along to wrangle the ladies and finds himself involved with a young literary agent (Chan)."

"Production started last week in New York and will continue on board the Queen Mary 2 ocean liner and in the United Kingdom."

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1