Film crew and cast on board

fizzy1

8 hours ago, bluemarble said:

It’s the story of a celebrated author (Streep) who takes a journey with old friends to have some fun and heal old wounds. Her nephew (Hedges) comes along to wrangle the ladies and finds himself involved with a young literary agent (Chan)."

Two more romances and you'd have an episode of The Love Boat. ♥️🛳️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, T5LHR said:

I feel maybe, you have missed the point made in my previous post... No one has any idea of how many people are going to form the cast and crew. This number of 30 has suddenly appeared, and is now being treat as gospel with scare mongering from others that there is going to be mass disruption onboard with people being ordered about and whole sections of the ship out of bounds and cordoned off to allow for filming... 

For all anyone knows, it could be Jane MacDonald with her camera man and sound guy, and a producer. That would be all... But, sadly, in the age of keyboard warriors, it has to be more dramatic than that with little or no information to go on. 

I was correct, after all. 

19 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Are you on board ? Is there a lot of disruption ?

I was correct in that a cast/crew that large wasn’t just some “behind the scenes” in the galley.

15 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

OK, I'm looking forward to hearing about the experience from those on board.

I actually know someone who is in fact, onboard now. I’ll be finding out when they return. I’ll let you know what he has to say about it.

18 hours ago, K.S. said:

I actually know someone who is in fact, onboard now. I’ll be finding out when they return. I’ll let you know what he has to say about it.

I don’t know K.S. , however I am currently on board.  We were potentially in a cabin that would have been most inconvenienced by the filming, as the cast and crew are occupying all the penthouses and large suites at the back of deck 9, and we are in the next cabin along.  Whilst there has been a lot of activity in the corridor, they have been really quiet and never slam any balcony or cabin doors etc, so we probably ended up with quieter neighbours than usual!

Filming has also taken place in a lot of the key rooms on the ship like G32, Chart Room, Queens Grill etc, but this has also not been disruptive.  With Queens Grill for example they filmed at 16.30-17.30 when the restaurant would have been closed anyway.  With other locations they would only occupy part of the rooms and the filming was done pretty quickly.  Small sections of the deck were closed from time to time, but no more so than when the regular maintenance takes place on board.

There were plenty of opportunities to take part as extras in the filming which was great fun.

My only 2 complaints are that 1. The fake dealcoholised wine we drank in one of the Queens Grill scenes tasted awful, and 2.  I think this will be an amazing advert for Cunard and could cause the prices to go up! : )

There was also a senior management presence from UK Head Office on board, who checked that we were not being disturbed or inconvenienced by the filming.

In summary - no complaints from me, and it helped make the trip even more special.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

I don’t know K.S. , however I am currently on board.  We were potentially in a cabin that would have been most inconvenienced by the filming, as the cast and crew are occupying all the penthouses and large suites at the back of deck 9, and we are in the next cabin along.  Whilst there has been a lot of activity in the corridor, they have been really quiet and never slam any balcony or cabin doors etc, so we probably ended up with quieter neighbours than usual!

Filming has also taken place in a lot of the key rooms on the ship like G32, Chart Room, Queens Grill etc, but this has also not been disruptive.  With Queens Grill for example they filmed at 16.30-17.30 when the restaurant would have been closed anyway.  With other locations they would only occupy part of the rooms and the filming was done pretty quickly.  Small sections of the deck were closed from time to time, but no more so than when the regular maintenance takes place on board.

There were plenty of opportunities to take part as extras in the filming which was great fun.

My only 2 complaints are that 1. The fake dealcoholised wine we drank in one of the Queens Grill scenes tasted awful, and 2.  I think this will be an amazing advert for Cunard and could cause the prices to go up! : )

There was also a senior management presence from UK Head Office on board, who checked that we were not being disturbed or inconvenienced by the filming.

In summary - no complaints from me, and it helped make the trip even more special.

Great. So much for the pessimists.

The Q6s at the back of Deck 9 have sliding doors to the balcony. This seems such a good idea that I don't know why it isn't universal.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

...The Q6s at the back of Deck 9 have sliding doors to the balcony. This seems such a good idea that I don't know why it isn't universal.

Space constraints for one: There has to be enough width for lateral movement of the door.  Second, a sliding door is a lot easier to keep open thus wrecking havoc with the air pressure in adjacent cabins. 

7 minutes ago, BlueRiband said:

Space constraints for one: There has to be enough width for lateral movement of the door.  Second, a sliding door is a lot easier to keep open thus wrecking havoc with the air pressure in adjacent cabins. 

I assume all the Q5s and 6s would have the width. I would only keep the sliding door open long enough to get through with my gin and tonic untroubled, as does not always happen with the other doors which have been known to close on one. Surely no-one would be so selfish as to wish to spoil the experience for their neighbours?

28 minutes ago, BlueRiband said:

Second, a sliding door is a lot easier to keep open thus wrecking havoc with the air pressure in adjacent cabins. 

QM2's hinged doors have a detent at the open position which makes them easy to keep open.

34 minutes ago, MarkBearSF said:

Have you seen any recognizable cast members eating in the QG, or are they eating in their cabins/suites.?

I checked with the QG staff tonight - they always ate in their cabins, which is understandable 

• Like 1

Briefly chatted via text with the acquaintance who disembarked from QM2 this morning. I asked him how the filming went. Dining scenes were shot in the Queens Grill. I asked him if areas of the ship had been closed off to passengers. His short response: “They sure did, and it was annoying”. He said a lot of the bars were closed off at one time or another: Commodore Club, Chart Room, Sir Samuels. Also portions “of the deck” by which he meant Boat Deck (“Promenade Deck”). That was his response.

18 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

We were on board . We had 4 shoots 2 with Meryl Streep, 1 with Jemma Chan .1 with Candice Bergman . It was wonderful xxx

Good to hear from you, it sounds like an amazing experience, I'm very jealous.

I hope you enjoyed your crossing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Good to hear from you, it sounds like an amazing experience, I'm very jealous.

I hope you enjoyed your crossing.

We had an amazing 2 weeks from Southampton ! First week was Dance the Atlantic which was wonderful . Both hubby and i are in the performing arts profession so we were well made up ! The Liner is as beautiful as ever. Wonderful food, especially the popup restaurants in the Kings Court , the Verandah and also the great little pizza and pasta full  waiter service at the Chef’s Galley. Not very well supported unfortunately. Service great as always. But the icing on the cake  was the filming during week 2. What can i say !!! There was very little inconvenience to those not involved as we were aware all the time in what was happening as we were involved a lot. The production crew were polite and  accommodating and Meryl Streep was adorable. Tiny , giggly . Loved it.       

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Here's a link to the trailer recently posted on youtube for the film "Let Them All Talk" which we have been discussing here. Apparently it will be available to stream for HBO Max subscribers on December 10th. Thanks to @Rotterdam for posting about the film on another thread which got me looking into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6DHWEii8eo

• Like 2