Majesty "pro tips"

59 minutes ago, taxatty said:

If I remember correctly, the obstruction is the lifeboats if you want to see the ocean below, but some of the larger OVs aren't really that obstructed. Attached is a chart that someone prepared a long time ago for Deck 8 that uses the pink dots to highlight the rooms where the obstruction is the least. Just put the Deck 9 stateroom chart above it and you'll get the idea.

majesty superior oceanview8.pdf 152.03 kB · 0 downloads

The best deck 9 for a view are 9504,9004,9502,9002,9500,&9000

Edited by FLACRUISER99

11 hours ago, SamTimeDining said:

I see Majesty has 2 separate dining rooms on decks 3 and 4, can someone tell me recently, which one is MTD and which is traditional?

thanks!

I *believe* they have both on both levels. I was on Majesty in July and had late seating in MDR on level 4. I know there were MTD folks in there with us, based on conversations we had with other passengers and then seeing them in the dining room (beauty of a small ship, you definitely feel like you get to know your fellow cruisers, lol). 

22 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

The best deck 9 for a view are 9504,9004,9502,9002,9500,&9000

We have 9040, 9042 and 9044 but I really wanted the rooms on Deck 9 for the extra space in the room anyway, so I am sure we'll all be fine!

59 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We have 9040, 9042 and 9044 but I really wanted the rooms on Deck 9 for the extra space in the room anyway, so I am sure we'll all be fine!

Had 9038 end of september. View is fine over the lifeboats. They just block the view down.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:29 PM, Merion_Mom said:

This cruise is five nights.  No lobster on the one formal night.  But I like the duck.  It was possibly the best duck I've had on RC, and I often order this dish.

It is possible that they'll serve lobster tomorrow, Night 4.  We'll see.

We did the 5 night in July and they did serve lobster 🦞 on 2nd formal night.

Just booked out of NOLA.  What a great thread...I had doubts about the ship but now I think it sounds great.

We have not done MY TIME dining before and I thought we might try it on this ship.

is it easy to go at any time and get a table for 2 or do you have to make reservations?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lauraapp said:

Just booked out of NOLA.  What a great thread...I had doubts about the ship but now I think it sounds great.

We have not done MY TIME dining before and I thought we might try it on this ship.

is it easy to go at any time and get a table for 2 or do you have to make reservations?

I had no problem just walking up and being seated, and I never observed more than 8 or 10 people in line at a time, and often fewer.

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I had no problem just walking up and being seated, and I never observed more than 8 or 10 people in line at a time, and often fewer.

Thanks for all your information.  I have been reluctant to book the Majesty but she sounds wonderful.  I was so glad to hear they set up a happy hour and not drinks on

the card.  I guess no free cappuccinos though...

4 minutes ago, travelingtriumphess said:

I am going to be on the Majesty of the Seas March 14-21.   I was wondering if they had a sauna or steam room in the exercise area.  What is the best place to sit for a view?  

Thanks in advance

Viking Crown and Schooner Bar have nice views from the inside.

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, FloridaPalms said:

Here are pictures of inside cabin 4591 on Majesty.  No couch or loveseat. Small TV was mounted on wall in corner at foot of bed. Luggage fit under the beds. While my studio cabin on Brilliance had only one twin bed, it was modern with much more closet and desk storage, a cooler and larger TV.  But since I sailed solo in 4591, it was more than ample for my needs. 

F7C5129C-06A9-4D3C-B7E0-31370E84A6D2.jpeg

4DE499F7-B54D-4541-8BE1-9D49F09A2A76.jpeg

91CB7C38-39C8-4AB6-B131-ABD5BC01B784.jpeg

Thanks for the photos of 4591, we'll be spending time there in a few weeks. Curious if there is a US outlet in the bathroom?

6 minutes ago, TomTerrific said:

Thanks for the photos of 4591, we'll be spending time there in a few weeks. Curious if there is a US outlet in the bathroom?

No. There is one that is marked "for electric shavers only". This is true on all RC ships.

But since you brought this thread back, I'll add the latest Majesty information here:

The D/D+/PC nightly event in the VCL is gone.  Cancelled by RC.  3 nightly vouchers only.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, Merion_Mom said:

No. There is one that is marked "for electric shavers only". This is true on all RC ships.

But since you brought this thread back, I'll add the latest Majesty information here:

The D/D+/PC nightly event in the VCL is gone.  Cancelled by RC.  3 nightly vouchers only.

One more question, in the pictures I am not seeing any shelving in the closet area (we usually sail Carnival, which has more shelving than hanger space). Am I just not seeing the shelving?

6 minutes ago, TomTerrific said:

One more question, in the pictures I am not seeing any shelving in the closet area (we usually sail Carnival, which has more shelving than hanger space). Am I just not seeing the shelving?

No shelving, what you see is typical of that category.