Majesty "pro tips"

55 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thanks, that's what I was afraid.  Much more work for me.  But I'll take one for the team.  😉 

Carol, I'm doing a B2B on Majesty in a couple weeks, then giving all the Compasses to Matt from The Blog That Shan't Be Named to post on his site.

So if you want to do the easy way (photos) for now, I can add mine later.  

IMO, beggars can't be choosers -- if they want to see the Compass in advance, they can suck it up in whatever format you're gracious enough to post for them!!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So if I understand this correctly, to get from deck 1 to 14 you have to:

Get a FOREWARD elevator from deck one to 11

Then walk to AFT to get an elevator to 14.

Am I mistaken?

You could also just get on an aft elevator in the first place....

32 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You could also just get on an aft elevator in the first place....

No, you can't.  That is what Bailey & Sophie was (were?) referencing.

The aft elevators only go from Deck 5 to Deck 14.

Mid ship elevators only go from Deck 3 to Deck 7.

Forward elevators go from 1 to 11.

51 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So if I understand this correctly, to get from deck 1 to 14 you have to:

Get a FOREWARD elevator from deck one to 11

Then walk to AFT to get an elevator to 14.

Am I mistaken?

First of all, there are only two reasons to be on Deck 1.

1. medical center

2. getting on and off in ports

But if you need to get to Deck 14, at some point you need to use the aft elevators.

You could use the forward elevators and get off at deck 5, 7, 8, 9 or 10, stay inside and walk to the aft elevators and go up to 14.

You could use the forward elevators and get off on Deck 11 and walk outside on the pool deck back to the aft elevators.

You could use the forward elevators to Deck 3.  Walk past the Centrum and get on the midship elevators and go up to Deck 7.  Then walk to the aft elevators and go up to Deck 14.  But that would be silly.  😄😉😄

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, you can't.  That is what Bailey & Sophie was (were?) referencing.

The aft elevators only go from Deck 5 to Deck 14.

Mid ship elevators only go from Deck 3 to Deck 7.

Forward elevators go from 1 to 11.

Doh, my bad.... didn't catch the "Deck 1" part.  Like you said, not much reason to be there!

Edited by brillohead

Ok, let's try this.

Here is the first day of the first cruise, Wednesday, July 31, 2019.  Fortunately, Majesty prints the Day on each page of the CC.  Unfortunately, someone decided that this new format is fab.  I loathe it.  Let me know what you think.  (I am referring to the Daily Planner page no longer being time sequential)

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Unfortunately, someone decided that this new format is fab.  I loathe it.  Let me know what you think.  (I am referring to the Daily Planner page no longer being time sequential)

OMG, what is WRONG with them???

I'm fine with the shopping being a separate category -- just means I can skip that whole section.  But "things to do" separate from "entertainment" separate from "foodies".... WHY?

I might actually have to start packing a highlighter, something I've never had to do, just to keep track of what's going on in each section.  Usually, I just look to see "what's going on right now (or about to start)" and go to that event -- now I have to check in each different category. 

Can we start a revolt?  Are they doing this crap on other ships, or just poor Majesty?  BLECH!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

OMG, what is WRONG with them???

I'm fine with the shopping being a separate category -- just means I can skip that whole section.  But "things to do" separate from "entertainment" separate from "foodies".... WHY?

I might actually have to start packing a highlighter, something I've never had to do, just to keep track of what's going on in each section.  Usually, I just look to see "what's going on right now (or about to start)" and go to that event -- now I have to check in each different category. 

Can we start a revolt?  Are they doing this crap on other ships, or just poor Majesty?  BLECH!

The compass style is now the same on every ship, except for Ovation.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ok, let's try this.

Here is the first day of the first cruise, Wednesday, July 31, 2019.  Fortunately, Majesty prints the Day on each page of the CC.  Unfortunately, someone decided that this new format is fab.  I loathe it.  Let me know what you think.  (I am referring to the Daily Planner page no longer being time sequential)

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post all of the Compasses for your Majesty cruise.  I am one of those that loves to get an idea of the activities on board in advance.  (In this case, WAY in advance, actually.)  We will have a lot of cruise newbies on our multi-generational family cruise, and it's nice to see a variety of activities and entertainment, even if the ship is small in today's world.

• Thanks 1

This is a little late because you've already posted perfectly readable Compass pictures.  I use the free Adobe Scan app.  It's not quite as good as a desktop scanner but it does a great job on a phone.  You take a picture of the document within the app and the app will automatically find the edges of the document (sometimes you need to manually adjust), convert it to a clean rectangle, and adjust contrast to make it more readable.  You can then save in .pdf format.  You can combine several pages together into a single PDF.  I've used it several times to send "official" documents to lawyers or other professionals where a PDF is preferred to a picture and I don't have a scanner available.  I haven't tested this, but I think the resulting PDF is also a smaller file size than a picture.