Majesty "pro tips"

12 hours ago, Crism said:

Interior stateroom on Deck 4 was a bit rough, but I was barely there so I didn't care.  Saw the steward once the entire 5 days and he kept it in tip top shape.

We're in an Interior Deck 4 next month. Could you please define "a bit rough"? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

I figured on small. Just hoping there's not too much engine noise or waves slapping the bow. 🙄

The only major noise that has regularly been reported is the sound of the anchor being dropped at tender ports.  Lower deck forward staterooms.

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

We're in an Interior Deck 4 next month. Could you please define "a bit rough"? Thanks!

4565. Attendant kept it clean, but everything was old and worn. Carpet was some of the oldest I've seen on a Royal ship. Old style curtain in the shower with some grouting issues in corners and on edges. Shower water pressure left a lot to be desired. Chargers would barely stay in the outlets. I had a room on the end by the hallway, and you could occasionally hear kids running up and down the hallway. Carpet was thin all over, and there was no sound-proofing pad material underneath. It WAS quiet at night though. I had no issues sleeping whatsoever. Beds are your standard Royal-firm. I didn't even bother turning the TV on.

We never dropped the anchor, but I've been on Majesty when we have....it'll make you wish you booked a room FAR aft!

As others have said, rooms are smaller than newer ships. No space for a couch or chair. I had the standard table/mirror/chair in mine.

I had a good time as I always do on Majesty 🙂

• Like 1

I’m so glad I saw this thread!  Our multigenerational family plans on putting deposits down tonight for a Majesty of the Seas cruise leaving out of NOLA.  It makes me nervous, because of the many negatives that I have read, but I think it will be fine.  I do wish RCCL would spend some money to update the carpets and tiny cabins before Summer 2020, but it doesn’t look like that is in the works.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FloridaPalms said:

When I was on the June 24th sailing, lobster was on the 5th night.  Plain “butter” poured on top with no seasoning.  And yes, the duck was delicious - not dried out like I’ve experienced on last few cruises. 

~ Judy

It was also on the 5th (last) night of the previous cruise, June 19.  That was the only time I have noticed something “special” served on the last night.  I believe there are generally fewer people dining in the MDR on the last night, so perhaps they are trying to either encourage attendance or limit the amount of lobster required.

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Sorrento's and Compass Deli are open, but you can't make much of a lunch out of those, unless you aren't very hungry.  But you could try them.  (Deck 12 above the WJ)

I intended to have lunch on embarkation day in the Compass Deli.  I was still following a low-carb diet pretty stringently on Day 1, and I remember looking at the sandwiches and thinking, “What huge hunks of bread!”  I had a bowl of soup and a fruit cup, and would probably have enjoyed the Windjammer more.

I don’t want to make long quotes of your good contributions, so I’ll just comment here:

Some places have new carpet and new padding. I think that it’s just random - someone in management decides that “this” needs new carpet but “that” place can wait. 

I agree about the oulets being “loose”.  It’s odd.  Fortunately I brought a 2-outlet 2-USB thingie and it stays snugly in the outlet. Otherwise plugs just fall right off the wall. 😳

Shower curtain notes:

I have recently been on some cruises with shower curtains instead of Star Trek booths.

I take binder clips, that hold the curtain down and keep it from molesting me.

Surprisingly, I have not needed to use them in this cabin.  I don't know if it's the length of the shower curtain - it scrapes the floor.  But I think that it's the layout.  The bathroom is square, and the shower is away from the door, not next to it. 

Here are pictures of inside cabin 4591 on Majesty.  No couch or loveseat. Small TV was mounted on wall in corner at foot of bed. Luggage fit under the beds. While my studio cabin on Brilliance had only one twin bed, it was modern with much more closet and desk storage, a cooler and larger TV.  But since I sailed solo in 4591, it was more than ample for my needs. 

F7C5129C-06A9-4D3C-B7E0-31370E84A6D2.jpeg

4DE499F7-B54D-4541-8BE1-9D49F09A2A76.jpeg

91CB7C38-39C8-4AB6-B131-ABD5BC01B784.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good cabin location there, 4591!  Had that cabin several times!

Easy on/off ship. Muster station is 010 in Boleros (A/C).

Booked 6 of these bargain Ex-Cuba cruises this summer. Nice old ship. You can see the genesis of future Royal ship design in the atrium.

It now appears Royal are keeping Majesty and Empress until April 2021.  Had lunch with officers last week and obviously the Cuba thang caught Royal unawares... seems they are now re-purposing these small ships into the role 'ferry boats' for Coco Cay, and their newly acquired Lucaya resort in Freeport.  Good for them; good for crew; good for stockholders.

The production shows...... hmmmm.  The cast, and singers are terrific, really are.  The actual shows are dated. Remains to be seen if they update these ships with new shows which are usually licensed for 5 years or so. The physical limits of the stage size is also a factor for sure.

I enjoy the small ships as well as the monstrosities. 

BTW, Vernon does a great job as C&A rep.  The 'Event' in RCL is 4:30 - 8:00PM nightly.

They have pics of all guests... don't worry.... they know D and ups.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Rocket3D said:

Good cabin location there, 4591!  Had that cabin several times!

Easy on/off ship. Muster station is 010 in Boleros (A/C).

Booked 6 of these bargain Ex-Cuba cruises this summer. Nice old ship. You can see the genesis of future Royal ship design in the atrium.

It now appears Royal are keeping Majesty and Empress until April 2021.  Had lunch with officers last week and obviously the Cuba thang caught Royal unawares... seems they are now re-purposing these small ships into the role 'ferry boats' for Coco Cay, and their newly acquired Lucaya resort in Freeport.  Good for them; good for crew; good for stockholders.

The production shows...... hmmmm.  The cast, and singers are terrific, really are.  The actual shows are dated. Remains to be seen if they update these ships with new shows which are usually licensed for 5 years or so. The physical limits of the stage size is also a factor for sure.

I enjoy the small ships as well as the monstrosities. 

BTW, Vernon does a great job as C&A rep.  The 'Event' in RCL is 4:30 - 8:00PM nightly.

They have pics of all guests... don't worry.... they know D and ups.

Cheers!

Boogie Wonderland was a BIG hit last night.

The redeployments of these two ships beyond this year are very interesting.  Majesty is going to New Orleans.  Empress is going to Cape Liberty (Bayonne NJ) for the summer.  She will  go to Bermuda, where she can dock in town, and will be doing overnights in Hamilton and St. George.  Also some Canada/New England trips.

The bathrooms were designed to maximize the small space.  The trash can was incorporated into the undersink area.  VERY efficient.  Now they have this stupid small can taking up precious floor space, right in front of the toilet.  A person taller than I would not like this at all!  And it has a swinging top, and you have to touch it to use it.  Yuck.

IMG_3333.JPG

IMG_3332.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG