Room Robes

leerathje

I believe they were $49 last time we were on board.

DH likes them.  Me?  I prefer the robes that the suites get but they can’t be ordered (at least they couldn’t when we were on board).

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

I believe they were $49 last time we were on board.

DH likes them.  Me?  I prefer the robes that the suites get but they can’t be ordered (at least they couldn’t when we were on board).

How are they different?

4 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

How are they different?

They are not the waffle design.  The outside is a smooth,  nearly shiny (not the right word. But I can’t find one to describe it) material (polyester maybe?) and the inside is much softer and thicker to me than the standard waffle robe.

I don’t think I have a picture, sorry.  I’m quite sure pics have been posted on this forum.  I’ll take a look but CC hasn’t been liking me today and isn’t very co-operative 😉 

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

I bought mine as part of a wellness package I think?  It was thick and monogrammed!  Still have it!

I didn't buy mine as part of a wellness package, but it's thick, waffle design and monogrammed. It's so thick I rarely wear it unless it's winter time.  I think I bought it on our first cruise 15 years ago!  I don't think the current robes are as thick (?)

1 hour ago, kazu said:

They are not the waffle design.  The outside is a smooth,  nearly shiny (not the right word. But I can’t find one to describe it) material (polyester maybe?) and the inside is much softer and thicker to me than the standard waffle robe.

I don’t think I have a picture, sorry.  I’m quite sure pics have been posted on this forum.  I’ll take a look but CC hasn’t been liking me today and isn’t very co-operative 😉 

We've been in a couple of suites - I guess I didn't notice the difference because I didn't like the waffle ones in our verandah cabins so I didn't even put them on.  Thanks.

32 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

We've been in a couple of suites - I guess I didn't notice the difference because I didn't like the waffle ones in our verandah cabins so I didn't even put them on.  Thanks.

I think they just started those new bathrobes for Neptune Suites (I think it’s just Neptune Suites and above who get them but I could be wrong and Signature Suites may as well) a couple of years ago IIRC.  My memory can be short.

I really liked them.  If I could have bought one, I would have and I’m not one to buy that stuff at all.  I’m going to ask (assuming they are the same) on my next cruise again.  I’ll try to remember to take a pic to post it on my LIVE thread.

• Like 2