Elite Tea Cabin Service Question

MsSoCalCruiser

I would like to sign up to have the Elite Tea served one day in our cabin. There are three of us but unfortunately I have dairy allergies.  Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to talk to someone so my friends can have the tea as it was meant to be served and maybe have a separate plate of safe items for me?  I guess if this is not possible I could run up to the buffet and grab a few items for myself but I thought it would be nice if it was possible. Has anyone had any experience with this?

How did you like having the afternoon tea in your cabin?  It sounds lovely.  Very nice of Princess to have this benefit  😊

Yes nice to have tea in your room.  I don't know if they can make a special plate up or

not. All you can do is ask. I think to be safe I would just go up and get yourself

some food that you know that is safe and bring it to your room. Can do it before

they bring the tea and other items. Just tell them you want tea for three so you

get a cup and tea for you.  Enjoy!:classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, Belle said:

Yes nice to have tea in your room.  I don't know if they can make a special plate up or

not. All you can do is ask. I think to be safe I would just go up and get yourself

some food that you know that is safe and bring it to your room. Can do it before

they bring the tea and other items. Just tell them you want tea for three so you

get a cup and tea for you.  Enjoy!:classic_smile:

Belle, thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it!  😊

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How did you like having the afternoon tea in your cabin?  It sounds lovely.  Very nice of Princess to have this benefit  😊

Several years ago my wife & I enjoyed having the tea in our cabin but with so much food that close to dinner we’ve never had it again.  Instead she occasionally goes to the buffet for some afternoon tea items such as scones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I would like to sign up to have the Elite Tea served one day in our cabin. There are three of us but unfortunately I have dairy allergies.  Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to talk to someone so my friends can have the tea as it was meant to be served and maybe have a separate plate of safe items for me?  I guess if this is not possible I could run up to the buffet and grab a few items for myself but I thought it would be nice if it was possible. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Speak to the room service supervisor to see if they can work something out.

Remember they need at least 6 hours advance notice.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Several years ago my wife & I enjoyed having the tea in our cabin but with so much food that close to dinner we’ve never had it again.  Instead she occasionally goes to the buffet for some afternoon tea items such as scones.

My friends may need to skip dinner ....  I want to try it, just once.   I thought I would surprise my friends.   It sounds wonderful. 

It is very nice.  They bring it on trays with cloth napkins and a tablecloth and everything.  They make quite a production of it.  We had it on our last cruise and AstroFlyer is right....there's a lot of food!   If we did it again we would ask for less of the sweets (there was a whole plate of cookies we hardly touched) and get just the scones and little sandwiches.  Those scones are wonderful!

What do you get for the tea?

Can you choose what items you want?

Is there a certain time to call room service to order?   Or can you call a hour before you want it?

Edited by phabric

We didn't choose, but I've read on here that you can ask for only certain items or to have them not include items but are limited to the things they normally put on the tea.  We ordered it for 4 even though there were only 3 of us (guess we were worried we wouldn't have enough!).  I thought I had taken a picture of what we received but I can't seem to find it.  If you do a search on it, I know there are some on this site.  I had also read that as long as you give them ample notice you could have the tea delivered earlier in the afternoon, but we were told it could only be served after 4:00 pm.  The scones were still warm when we got them and with the clotted cream and jam they were delicious!

Pulled from my blog...

In all our cruises we've never taken advantage of one of the perks Princess offers their Elite passengers, afternoon tea delivered to your cabin. We ordered for two, but what they brought was enough for more than two for sure.

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
Downloads.jpg

Yes you have to call room service 6 hours ahead of when you want it Just tell them your Elite.

Has to be during the regular tea time.

Remember you have a fridge if have leftovers, can eat them when you want a snack or eat

them for breakfast.  Whenever. (bring a baggie) Some of the food you can get is only at tea time. It's good.

Also  don't need a balcony to get the tea, outside or inside cabin is fine. Just put on the desk

Was easier when had the little table but you still can make it work  out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, janina said:

I've never had tea in my cabin but I think we'll do it on our upcoming cruise.

After 2 dozen  + sailings on Princess, this is the first I am hearing of this ...

I am definitely trying this on my next sailing!!   I love tea time and will plan on skipping dinner that day.  

23 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Ha I could live on Scones, jam and cream!!  😋

Sometimes my wife gets them from the buffet during afternoon tea hours! ☺️

With the dinky balcony tables they’d need to bring a card table like for the UBD to fit all of that food.   Our only time was on a Grand-class ship when they had the larger balcony tables on the large Caribe deck balconies.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Belle said:

Yes you have to call room service 6 hours ahead of when you want it Just tell them your Elite.

Has to be during the regular tea time.

Remember you have a fridge if have leftovers, can eat them when you want a snack or eat

them for breakfast.  Whenever. (bring a baggie) Some of the food you can get is only at tea time. It's good.

Also  don't need a balcony to get the tea, outside or inside cabin is fine. Just put on the desk

Was easier when had the little table but you still can make it work  out.

For leftovers in the fridge, bring along a few disposable shower caps. They fit over the plates, and the elastic edges cling underneath the plate, keeping food fresh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 6:24 PM, idahospud said:

Pulled from my blog...

In all our cruises we've never taken advantage of one of the perks Princess offers their Elite passengers, afternoon tea delivered to your cabin. We ordered for two, but what they brought was enough for more than two for sure.

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
Downloads.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your photos!  I just want you to know that  it dawned on  me who you are and I think your online videos and website are the best!!!  Your Ocean Medallion videos should be on a sticky in this forum. Thanks again!  

21 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Sometimes my wife gets them from the buffet during afternoon tea hours! ☺️

With the dinky balcony tables they’d need to bring a card table like for the UBD to fit all of that food.   Our only time was on a Grand-class ship when they had the larger balcony tables on the large Caribe deck balconies.

The only balcony cabin that we have ever had are the Grand Class, Caribe deck balconies.  Now I’m wondering, there will be three of us on a girls trip, will we be able to fit on a deluxe balcony on the Royal Princess with or without the Elite tea service?

33 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you so much for sharing your photos!  I just want you to know that  it dawned on  me who you are and I think your online videos and website are the best!!!  Your Ocean Medallion videos should be on a sticky in this forum. Thanks again!  

Thank you! ☺️