Web Check In

Liverzeb

Hi

Newbie here.

Having a few issues with MSC website - could not enter address to join the MSC club so they had to do that for me. Now it is telling me the Web Check in page is down but MSC have told me I am too early to check in?

As the FAQ on their website does not tell you when you can check in and I have seen many people on the forums say they check in as soon as they have their boarding number, does anyone know why I would not be able to check in online and if MSC are correct that I am too early then how long before I sail can I do it?

Thanks

Hi Liverzeb,

Welcome to CC!

You can indeed do the web check-in as soon as you have your booking number, which is essentially aa very short time after you make your deposit.  I did my check-in for a November 2019 saling way back in September 2018.  I have done essentially the same for 5 MSC cruises: wth the booking number in hand, I check in.

I don't know how close to sailing you can do the check-in, but I certainly would not wait.  For example, there really is no reason not to complete check-in and get your tickets as soon as final payment is complte.

Finally, I did encounter some difficulties in entering my (Canadian) address.  I noticed that if I entered the postal code before the street address and street name, then the form just filled in the street name and province.  Weird. 

Someone posted the other day that if you log out of the site completely and click on "web checkin" from the home page, then enter your booking number and name it will let you into the check in screen.

It worked for me that way a few minutes ago.  You might give it a try.

4 hours ago, Liverzeb said:

Thanks both - will try again and see what happens. No doubt, now that i have found these forums I will be back asking a few more questions soon.

I had the same problem.  If you're ever able to get in, go ahead and complete ALL your information in one sitting, as you may have difficulty signing in again.  You want to complete all your personal information so that the system will tell you everything is completed except final payment (if you have one), and ticket issuance.  Then MSC will send you a personal email with your booking number as the Subject. This email you need to bookmark somewhere, because it will connect you directly with your web check-in account and pre-boarding information, etc.

I have never been able to login to the MSC site unless I click on the hyperlinks in that email MSC sent me.  It took several days for me to even gain access initially and it never recognized my country or booking number.

So keep that email, and good luck!

Our booking for our Xmas cruise says check in 60 days from sail date on both the online booking and MSC for me app. On our 9 previous MSC cruises we had been able to check in as others have described above.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Our booking for our Xmas cruise says check in 60 days from sail date on both the online booking and MSC for me app. On our 9 previous MSC cruises we had been able to check in as others have described above.

Our upcoming bookings state check in from 60 days to 2 days prior to sailing. 

The 60 days would make sense as we are not yet at that point. MSC Customer Service helpfully provided this information "Please be advised that he web check-in should be available in next 6 months time" so they obviously are not aware of it although they did offer to check me in manually so I can always do that.

Will try the suggestions above and see if I get anywhere.

Thanks all.

Out of interest I tried one of ours today, we're 66 days out and it's allowed me to check in.

The website wouldn't allow me to check in at all for a previous cruise as my passport details, although correct, were rejected, so pleased its worked this time. It's even updated the details in the app!

I bet we'll still have another photo taken on boarding though.

• Like 1

Today, I booked another cruise, but directly with MSC.  It's a back to back cruise to mesh with my other cruise.

I received the confirmation email immediately.  I clicked on the web-check-in and added and updated all my personal information.  No issues and that cruise doesn't depart until May 2020.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, amardhead said:

Someone posted the other day that if you log out of the site completely and click on "web checkin" from the home page, then enter your booking number and name it will let you into the check in screen.

It worked for me that way a few minutes ago.  You might give it a try.

Hi - This worked up to a point. It let me get to the check in form but their ridiculous website failed again on step 2 and address - first it asked for a county (for which the preferences were provinces), then it asked for a province (for which the preferences were counties) and then a city (for which there were no selections to pick).Because I could not select a city it would not let me proceed any further. Never come across such a poorly functioning website.

Last week I entered all of our information on-line for our mid November cruise. I did not expect the docs from MSC then as our cruise is a few months out but within 15 minutes got the pdf file emailed with all of our pertinent/check-in paperwork. Surprised me. 

While the site would not let me type in the fields, it did let me select a different '-' to the one automatically selected under 'city' and this allowed me to progress.

The MSC app seems to work a lot better than the website.

Thanks all.

Let me hijack this a bit...

I booked on Friday for sailing 9/16.  Did my check-in on Sunday, which was 21 days prior to sailing.  Got my docs in an email almost immediately.

Here's the thing - when I sailed Armonia in May, I downloaded my docs a couple of times (or maybe had the docs emailed to me) because I added some items.  Next thing I knew, my booking showed I owed an additional amount.  I had my TA check it out and it was a charge for downloading my docs multiple times!!  Other lines, I've been able to download and print my docs are many times as I want.  Why would they charge for this?

So, if I pre-purchase an excursion or drink package and want to print my updated docs, is MSC going to charge me?  Yikes!

Edited by NCTribeFan

I received our e-Tickets via eMail from MSC USA. The tickets were attached as PDF file and easy to download.

When I added/purchased an additional excursion and digital photo package they emailed us updated e-Tickets in PDF file. Smooth process.

27 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Here's the thing - when I sailed Armonia in May, I downloaded my docs a couple of times (or maybe had the docs emailed to me) because I added some items.  Next thing I knew, my booking showed I owed an additional amount.  I had my TA check it out and it was a charge for downloading my docs multiple times!!  Other lines, I've been able to download and print my docs are many times as I want.  Why would they charge for this?

So, if I pre-purchase an excursion or drink package and want to print my updated docs, is MSC going to charge me?  Yikes!

I never seen anyone stating they have had this charge, and it would've been mentioned. I've updated and downloaded our e-documents more than once, without charge. I would be very, very skeptical that the information from your TA there is correct.

So, here's my web check-in drama.

My cruise is 10/18.  The website allows me to enter my data.

I upgraded myself 2 days ago....well after I did the check in.

The check-in does not show my new cabin or things I purchased such as excursions, massages etc.

Is this too soon to waste my time (or my TAs time) trying to fix things?

The site clearly states to dl within 20 days of the cruise.

On 8/25/2019 at 7:48 AM, Liverzeb said:

Hi - This worked up to a point. It let me get to the check in form but their ridiculous website failed again on step 2 and address - first it asked for a county (for which the preferences were provinces), then it asked for a province (for which the preferences were counties) and then a city (for which there were no selections to pick).Because I could not select a city it would not let me proceed any further. Never come across such a poorly functioning website.

I am sorry it didn't work for you but glad you got it figured out.  Enjoy your trip!

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I never seen anyone stating they have had this charge, and it would've been mentioned. I've updated and downloaded our e-documents more than once, without charge. I would be very, very skeptical that the information from your TA there is correct.

She got it removed.  And she would not have lied to me about it!  I think it was just another of MSC's website issues.  But, yes, I was surprised as I had done a lot of reading on this board both prior to my first MSC sailing on Divina in December and then again to get info on the Cuba sailings before I went in May and had never see this mentioned or I would've been a bit more careful about clicking the download/email button multiple times!

From my TA...

Also found out they were charging you $50 to reissue the edocs. The rep is talking to her supervisor about getting it refunded.

Looks like it may have been an error on Msc end, it shows the docs were sent 5 times in one minute.

I hadn't meant to suggest your TA was lying, apologies if that's how you interpreted it. I intended it to be more in terms of confusion. If there was a charge for downloading docs more than once,  I think all sorts of hell would've broken loose on here!  Glad you got it sorted. 

Going on Seaside Nov 2 and cannot access my web check in? 

When I sign in it only shows the various meal, bev, tour packages. 

Not a very friendly site. 

Edited by Oxo

I was having some issue and called to let customer service fix them. She told me that if you download your e-tickets too many times, that they will start charging you. She said they aren't allowed to remove the charge. I asked her how much and she said $50. I said that's crazy. I could see $5 or so, but $50. I was worried so she checked to see if I had been charged and she said no. I had downloaded 3-4 times because somethings weren't showing up on my ticket. She said if something has changed, it's okay to download it again. I haven't downloaded it again since she made the changes for me. I'm still thinking about purchasing some more onboard experiences, like the thermal spa. 

25 minutes ago, drpack said:

I was having some issue and called to let customer service fix them. She told me that if you download your e-tickets too many times, that they will start charging you. She said they aren't allowed to remove the charge. I asked her how much and she said $50. I said that's crazy. I could see $5 or so, but $50. I was worried so she checked to see if I had been charged and she said no. I had downloaded 3-4 times because somethings weren't showing up on my ticket. She said if something has changed, it's okay to download it again. I haven't downloaded it again since she made the changes for me. I'm still thinking about purchasing some more onboard experiences, like the thermal spa. 

Did you book direct or thru a TA?  I booked thru a TA and downloaded several times...and it's never correct.  My TA called them and had everything corrected....and sent me a pdf.  However, when I dl on the website...it's still all wrong.