Chefs table

Yes, amazing food and great wine well worth it to us. With that said, your tablemates will make or break the experience totally. Have had it turn into a 5hr conversation/party with my new friends,  and have had everyone eat with minimal conversation and leave right at the end.. Overall worth it though.

• Like 1

I'll add also that they do a phenomenal job working around allergies. There is only one waiter on the ship who's only job is chefs table. He/she will call before the dinner day and ask about allergies etc. I cant do shellfish and always am served something different than the others for those dishes containing shellfish and it's just as delicious and intricate.

We have done Chef's Table many times on Anthem, Adventure, and Grandeur and I agree with all the replies--terrific food, nice wines, usually great people, etc.  For the best price, you might consider holding off booking it until later in the cruise.  This is definitely a splurge, so there will probably not be high demand.  It is also true that the number of seats is limited at each dinner seating, so you may run the risk of losing out if you wait too long, but in our experience Chef's Table often does not fill up toward the end, in which case they will likely offer discounts.  As an earlier poster mentioned, there is usually one waiter who runs the show, so attempt to seek him out to book it (he shouldn't be hard to find).  Don't do it thru the concierge.

7 minutes ago, Ken Greco said:

We have the free lunches and dinners because we booked 10 cabins thru an outside agent and RCCL

Chef's table still not included, just curious as what ship you are sailing.  We have done Chefs table on Allure and Independence.  Allure was great as it was upstairs in the Diamond Lounge, on Indy they use the pop out balcony that is between MDR second and third level. Well worth the price especially if you can get a discount.  happy cruising

2 minutes ago, Ken Greco said:

Chefs table is included on a sheet we got from our on line check in we are in the adventure if the seas.

Chef's table on Adventure is on a platform on the grand staircase of the dining room.  It's the only Chef's Table so far that we won't revisit.  It was noisy the day we did it, and it was hard to hear the description of the course/wine.  In addition, the wines weren't the quality we have come to expect from the Chef's Table, except for the main course.  

That said, this was last December, maybe things have improved.  The food was excellent, but with the cheaper wines and lack of privacy (many ships have a private room for the Chef's Table), we didn't find it to be worth the cost. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Chef's table on Adventure is on a platform on the grand staircase of the dining room.  It's the only Chef's Table so far that we won't revisit.  It was noisy the day we did it, and it was hard to hear the description of the course/wine.  In addition, the wines weren't the quality we have come to expect from the Chef's Table, except for the main course.  

That said, this was last December, maybe things have improved.  The food was excellent, but with the cheaper wines and lack of privacy (many ships have a private room for the Chef's Table), we didn't find it to be worth the cost. 

Yes, true.  Adventure's Chef's Table was not held in a private enclosed venue.  We did one this past July on Grandeur--still in a private room, but the wines were cheaper than previous Tables we had done. 

I too highly recommend the Chef's table. We did it on Adventure a couple of years ago on our last night and it was amazing. We are hoping to do it again on Harmony in a couple of months. Our strategy is to wait till we get on board and try to get a discounted price. Last time we got a buy one and second one free. You do run the risk of it being sold out but I will take the chance on getting a good deal.

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

That is the same place we went on Independence. It started just at the end of first seating and lasted until second seating was almost done.  It seemed very quiet in the dining rooms. 

It is amazing what perks you get when you book 10 or more cabins, free lunches and dinners, priority check in, bottles of wine in your cabin, credit to your folio, possible private dinner with one of the ships officers. Cruise Critic does not allow me to tell you my outside booking agent. This cruise is a celebration of my 70th birthday and I am paying for the entire cruise for friends that have known me for over 40 years 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, st5310 said:

We did one this past July on Grandeur--still in a private room, but the wines were cheaper than previous Tables we had done. 

That's disappointing.  Maybe we will ask for a look at the wine list before booking onboard the next time. 

Thanks for a heads up.  For the price, we expect good wines.  ☺️

10 minutes ago, Ken Greco said:

It is amazing what perks you get when you book 10 or more cabins, free lunches and dinners, priority check in, bottles of wine in your cabin, credit to your folio, possible private dinner with one of the ships officers. Cruise Critic does not allow me to tell you my outside booking agent. This cruise is a celebration of my 70th birthday and I am paying for the entire cruise for friends that have known me for over 40 years 

Ken!

I haven’t seen you in - what’s it been? - 40 years!

How the heck are you, old buddy, old pal?. 😉😎

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

That's disappointing.  Maybe we will ask for a look at the wine list before booking onboard the next time. 

Thanks for a heads up.  For the price, we expect good wines.  ☺️

You're quite welcome.  You should be able to see the entire menu along with the paired wines in advance.  Please remember that "cheap" is in the palette of the beholder!  A subjective standard, to be sure.  If the wines were higher end you would be paying a lot more for the experience.  $60-$90 for a Chef's Table is really not that expensive, so the wines will reflect that.  I've had excellent wines at Chef's Tables at country clubs, but paid more than double that amount.  In the end, I still think the cruise line Chef's Table is a good value at that price.

• Like 1