Criteria for upgrade and other emails?

PrincessPete

Hi, my daughter and son-in-law (no previous Celebrity cruises) are sailing with us on the same cruise soon and have received various emails inviting upgrade bids and reminding them how many days left to the cruise.

We are Captain's Club members and have had nothing at all.

I am just interested if anyone knows what the criteria is to receive such emails. It seems odd that the emails are selective.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Peter

At the top of the main Celebrity page there is a link for "Deals SignUp"  You have to opt in for promotional emails.  Then be prepared for multiple per day.  Some have reported that even after opting in they still don't get the emails.

You should also be able to do a MoveUp bid by going to your Upcoming Cruises and do Manage My Reservation then scroll down past the Flights By Celebrity and you should see a section like the following if the bidding is open.

image.png.38b4284a9eb9032651872c9f3a910a1d.png

If you are signed up to receive their marketing emails eventually you should get them.  DH gets flooded with them, I unscribed.

You can find out if you are eligible to bid on Move Up by going  X’s Website click on Move Up and you can put in your booking info and it will let you know if Mi e Up is an option.

You can probably place a bid without an invite by just going to:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

You only need your name and reservation number.   Bidding opens at approx 30 days prior to sailing.

To receive an invite you need to go to Celebrity Site and make sure you have signed up for and agree to receiving advertising and promotions from Celebrity.    I was able to successfully bid and win a bid before I learned that I had not opted in for the marketing material and used the link.    By the way you can find the link on the Menu near the bottom.  

You can also get assistance by Emailing CelebrityMoveUp@celebrity.com  for help with eligibility

Edited by Jim_Iain