Sold out, assignment coming?

doones2

• Clarea changed the title to Sold out, assignment coming?
1 minute ago, doones2 said:

I kind of thought that would be the answer.  Wishful thinking.  Not sure if I would do gty again.  The only other time  I did it, I was notified in less than a week.  😎

We like choosing our room.   It would be very disappointing to get a noisy location or a balcony that had a badly obstructed view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doones2 said:

I kind of thought that would be the answer.  Wishful thinking.  Not sure if I would do gty again.  The only other time  I did it, I was notified in less than a week.  😎

Did you call RCL agent and ask if a cabin has been assigned.  On our upcoming Anthem cruise, I called them even though no cabin assignment showed in my cruise planner.  Sure enough a cabin was indeed assigned.  PS.  After speaking with agent, the cabin # still did not show up in the cruise planner and I started playing around and I clicked "view more details" and the cabin # showed up.

Be sure to answer your phone —800 #’s- which I don’t usually answer.  A week before our Mediterranean cruise I got a call about our GTY ocean view stateroom (porthole-this was port intensive so didn't care abt balcony this time) She said they were sold out of ocean view rooms. I wasn’t happy and told her so...she said  “would you accept a virtual balcony room?”  I said the guarantee was for ocean view and above.  She then asked if I would accept it if they refunded one passengers fare! I thought hmmm...and asked, “Do you mean future cruise credit?” She said , “No. I mean a cash/credit card refund back to you!”  Oh yeah !!! It was $1300 back.  They have trouble I guess getting those virtual balconies filled as they are hokey in my opinion, but we were off the ship every day but one so it was a great deal for us!

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was that before or after they started Royal Up

Before...I won't hold my breath now that the money making "Up" program came out.  Would have to call me "blue girl".  Though if they could not find a JS cabin to put me in, even at the last minute...and there were GS unsold...what then?  🤔

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Before...I won't hold my breath now that the money making "Up" program came out.  Would have to call me "blue girl".  Though if they could not find a JS cabin to put me in, even at the last minute...and there were GS unsold...what then?  🤔

Most likely someone in a JS would have already bid on the GS so they would get that and you would get the JS.  Definitely don’t hold your breath hoping for an upgrade on a guarantee anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The intro of Royal Up seems to have shifted the timing of GTY assignments.

We booked GTY within final payment window, about six weeks out and got room allocated within 48 hours, three days ago. Now we have the Royal UP email