Is there any way to retrieve something left on board?

Google search lead me to that page. I filled it out. 

We had the nicest attendant for our cabins and I hope he found it and cared enough not to toss it. It was a short cruise, but we did connect with him.  

Oh - dare I hope?  It’s no camera or iPad - but I’d trade my camera AND iPad for her blankie. She’s a doll of a kid, but is generally anxious.  I could kick myself over and over.  I went through every cupboard and drawer, but forgot her bed. 😭

Thank you. ❤ 

3 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

We left Carnival Valor 3 hours ago. 

DD6 just realized she left her blankie. 

We are crushed. 

Is there any chance at all to retrieve an item?

please advise. Broken hearts standing by. 

Was is a special one of a kind or handmade blanket? If you don’t get it back, is there something similar you could order and address to your daughter?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

We are crushed. 

As a family that must travel with lovies, puppy, lion blanket I feel you and know the angst. I have my fingers crossed that you find it and I so appreciate this as when we cruise next week I will quadruple check having learned from you (I'm sorry). I hope you get it back! And a new one will not work. It has to be the one!!!

We have back-up lovies for sickness, etc and it's not the same and my son calls them "new lovies til we get the real one back"

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

As a family that must travel with lovies, puppy, lion blanket I feel you and know the angst. I have my fingers crossed that you find it and I so appreciate this as when we cruise next week I will quadruple check having learned from you (I'm sorry). I hope you get it back! And a new one will not work. It has to be the one!!!

We have back-up lovies for sickness, etc and it's not the same and my son calls them "new lovies til we get the real one back"

Oh. Can you believe a few years ago my mom got her a back-up, which is grown into being “orange taggie” (vs main “yellow taggie”) and she had BOTH of them on the ship. 😭😭

sadly we wont be to our AirBnB (on the way home) til almost midnight so I don’t even have time to run to Walmart. I will get her a back-up-back-up tomorrow. 

She is intermittently crying and getting angry at the cruise ship. 😜 

2 hours ago, GradUT said:

If your daughter’s blanket is returned, please come back and let us know.  It’s always nice to get some good news in this forum. 

Oh - I certainly will. 

This was our first Carnival Cruise and we have only food things to say about the whole experience. To have a special happy ending would be like the cherry on top!!

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Was is a special one of a kind or handmade blanket? If you don’t get it back, is there something similar you could order and address to your daughter?

Not really... just one she cherishes. ❤ 

she’s the anxious yet feisty sort. She’s trying to joke about it and still hopes it’s in  her suitcase (I’d be the most shocked of anyone) - but who knows how she’ll be later. Maybe too tired to care tonight!  ETA in rental house is 11:22 PM. 😜 

Maybe contact John heald?  It seems like he solves things like this.  

We lost a square tag blanket once and it was heart breaking.  We could not find the exact pattern again but we bought a replacement from amazon and within a few weeks the new blankie was as cherished as the old one.  It is heart breaking.  We also lost an Elmo in Washington DC on vacation years ago.  Different kid.  We went back over every street while our son was just bawling.  Would you believe we finally found it about an hour later— someone had put it on the top of a lamppost.  He looked so cute up there!  Lol.  So you might have a happy ending too.  I did not actually think we would find him but we did.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Agree with contacting John Heald. The sooner the better so he can contact the ship on your behalf and get you reconnected with the cherished blanket. My daughter is 26 and still travels with her childhood blanket. She would be devastated if she lost it, so I sympathize with you. Fingers crossed that you are able to retrieve it.

• Like 2

On our last cruise, we left a garment bag hanging in the closet. As soon as we got home and realized the mistake, we immediately called Carnival. we were told that they would look into it. 2 DAYS later, our bag was delivered to us, federal express. I know that had to be expensive. carnival did not ask us to reimburse them, they just paid it. And this is just one of the reasons I am a "Carnival Cheerleader."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I will add for anyone that makes it this far down in the future that on our first cruise we realized once we got into our car back at our stay and park hotel that we had forgotten my pillow on the ship. We drove back to the ship and my wife went in and asked someone about going and getting it. They told us that since we were scanned off the ship we were not allowed to reboard to go look for it, but they sent someone to our cabin who retrieved it for us and brought it off the ship. Now your mileage may vary on if they would do the same thing for you but if you remember soon enough it might be worth it to drive back to the ship and ask. Obviously can't happen for the OP since this post is many days to late but thought it may help someone in the future.  

On 8/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

We are crushed. 

DH left hearing aides on board. Filled out form, Never heard anything even with follow up call. Prob just pitched them without thinking when turning over the room. Good luck

We left a toothbrush charger once - contacted Carnival but never got it back.  They told us over the phone that we would have to pay $25 shipping if it was turned in.  We just ordered another one off Amazon for less than that.  

Hi VacationDreamer,

My story is a little different but will give you hope.

My family rented a house at the Outer Banks about 12years ago.  My husband rushed us out since Saturday traffic was a bear.  About 30 minutes in, my daughter realized no Blankie.  My husband refused to turn around since ir was a simple phone request.  

It took 3 weeks or daily calls to the rental agent to sent the mail the blanket.  Blankie arrived home and my Daughter stills travels with it and a stuffed monkey at 24 years old.  We still have discussions of “what if” before some of her trips.  Blankie been left home a few times since it was not worth the risk.  

Please have hope your daughter ‘ s Blankie will found its way home.

Best,

Phillyrose

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly', as yet we are still blankie-less. 

Its been sad.  

Of course, someone, somewhere along the way came into contact with them. I'm guessing they tossed them vs taking the steps to tag lost items and  enter them into the system. I realize they may have directions not to deal with low-cost items.  

We had a nice cruise but our giant mistake at the end really has left us not talking about the trip. I wish we'd never gone. 😔

Thank you for asking. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Sadly', as yet we are still blankie-less. 

Its been sad.  

Of course, someone, somewhere along the way came into contact with them. I'm guessing they tossed them vs taking the steps to tag lost items and  enter them into the system. I realize they may have directions not to deal with low-cost items.  

We had a nice cruise but our giant mistake at the end really has left us not talking about the trip. I wish we'd never gone. 😔

Thank you for asking. 

You regret an entire family vacation over a lost blanket? While I understand the importance of things like this for a child, this is also a great opportunity to teach your child a great life lesson. Bad stuff happens. We must learn to accept and move on. Take your daughter to the store and let her pick out a brand new special blanket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

You regret an entire family vacation over a lost blanket?

I do.  We do. 
It was 5 days on the Valor... nothing epic.  We (me, DH, six kids 6-19) would all trade that particular trip for the blankets back, hands down.  Judge us however you'd like.  We're a sentimental bunch...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

I do.  We do. 
It was 5 days on the Valor... nothing epic.  We (me, DH, six kids 6-19) would all trade that particular trip for the blankets back, hands down.  Judge us however you'd like.  We're a sentimental bunch...

No judgment here. I totally feel your pain. If my 27 year old daughter lost her childhood blankie (even at this point in her life) it would be the end of the world. I’m sad for you that yours was never found.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, vicky3vicky said:

On our last cruise, we left a garment bag hanging in the closet. As soon as we got home and realized the mistake, we immediately called Carnival. we were told that they would look into it. 2 DAYS later, our bag was delivered to us, federal express. I know that had to be expensive. carnival did not ask us to reimburse them, they just paid it. And this is just one of the reasons I am a "Carnival Cheerleader."

I'm not exactly a "Carnival Cheerleader" but I appreciate great customer service. Seven years ago on the Ecstasy I bought one of their photo albums and a sticker on the front said that it included glossy photos of the ship. When I got home and opened it up, it didn't. I wrote to Carnival and never expected to hear back from them.  About 3 weeks later I got a package in the mail with about 8-10 glossy photos of the outside and inside of the ship. Just like I never forget bad service, I always remember good service too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

I do.  We do. 

No judgement at all. Just logic. What if you lost the blanket at church, in a library,  or the supermarket.  Things get lost.

• Like 1