Halloween Costumes in MDR

Butterbean1000

I've been twice at Halloween and honestly we all dressed up before dinner and went in our costumes.  Halloween is amazing aboard the ship, I was very surprised at how many dressed up. They even have the Halloween back drops for your photos. 

They had a parade and then later a costume party on the lido both times I was on. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I'd save the costumes until after dinner but that's just me.

2 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I've been twice at Halloween and honestly we all dressed up before dinner and went in our costumes.

OK, I have to ask. Don't those two comments contradict one another? 🤨

Do the ships only decorate for Halloween and do all the fun things for the cruise that falls on Halloween, or longer?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Wait a minute, Batman and Captain America? You can't just go mixing D.C. and Marvel like that. You're going to disrupt the space time continuum if you're not careful.

It's ok. Elastigirl will keep them separated!

And what if Halloween is on Elegant night?

I'm pretty sure that way back in 2012, I was on Fantasy and this is what happened.  I don't remember if people wore costumes to dinner, but DD and her DH dressed up but put on zombie makeup.  Got a few double-takes, but most people seemed to think that was pretty cool.

I'm thinking our 2nd elegant night on Sunshine will be on 10/31 this year.  I don't typically "do" Halloween, but a friend may join me for this sailing and if that happens, we'll want to dress up.  Just don't think I'd go to dinner on elegant night in a giraffe costume. 😄

10 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Do the ships only decorate for Halloween and do all the fun things for the cruise that falls on Halloween, or longer?

They do the Halloween thing on every cruise in October! 😀

#frightfully fun

• Like 3

On the couple of cruises I have been on at Halloween my DW and I dressed up for Halloween and went to the MDR and didn't have any issues.

For the question about Elegant Night on the one cruise I was on that it fell on the same night it would have been they moved Elegant Night to another night. 

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

This thread just made JHs FB page. Someone doesn't want Carnival to allow people in the MDR in costume. 

Oh, FFS!!!  I think my sister and I dressed up after dinner.  As long as the costume wasn't inappropriate I don't see a problem.  Dressing up outside of Halloween, I wouldn't do. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

And what if Halloween is on Elegant night?

I'm pretty sure that way back in 2012, I was on Fantasy and this is what happened.  I don't remember if people wore costumes to dinner, but DD and her DH dressed up but put on zombie makeup.  Got a few double-takes, but most people seemed to think that was pretty cool.

I'm thinking our 2nd elegant night on Sunshine will be on 10/31 this year.  I don't typically "do" Halloween, but a friend may join me for this sailing and if that happens, we'll want to dress up.  Just don't think I'd go to dinner on elegant night in a giraffe costume. 😄

Find an old tux/evening gown, cut them up into tatters, and go as elegant zombies. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

This thread just made JHs FB page. Someone doesn't want Carnival to allow people in the MDR in costume. 

Yep it did. But they said they don't want 'stupid costumes in the dining hall' so we are all good to go! :classic_tongue:

18 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Do they relax the dress code in the MDR on Halloween?   Part of my husband's costume includes cut off blue jeans. 

Yes they do, there were a lot of costumes in the MDR, it was really fun.

19 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

OK, I have to ask. Don't those two comments contradict one another? 🤨

Yes, lol. That's my split personality appearing. I even wore my costume to dinner on one of the cruises, and would have on the other.

• Like 1

Doubt they could change our 2nd elegant night.  First will be our first sea day.  Second sea day is 2 nights later, so doubt they'd do that.  We leave Bermuda at noon on 10/31, which makes the most sense for it to be the 2nd elegant night. They won't do it on the last sea day, which is our last night, right?

Have anytime dining so could eat fairly early and change after.  Just wondering if people had seen costumes in the MDR on elegant night.