Renewing Vows at sea

caggfamily

We will be traveling with my parents and other relatives on a New Years cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam this year, and my parents will be celebrating their 60th anniversary. They’d like to renew their vows at sea. Is this possible and Who do I contact to arrange this for them? Thanks

There is information (brochure, phone number) on their website at the link below if you want something fancy through their wedding vendor:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/special-events/weddings.html

There is also typically a "Renewal of Vows" package you can buy that isn't as fancy.  I don't have a cruise currently booked to be able to search for it, but it should be listed either in your cruise planner or use the "buy a gift for a guest" link on the same page that takes you to the cruise planner and look at the different offerings.  Alternatively, call Ship Services at 1–800–541–1576.

Congratulations to your parents making it to 60! Also, buy the photo package and talk to the photographers ahead of time. We had a lot of photos taken when we did it on the Prinsendam for our 50th. And they were included as part of the photo package, otherwise you only get one. Make sure when you buy the package that you can get all that they take as things may have changed in 3 years. We had photos of us cutting a cake and with our friends. It is a wonderful thing to do.

DH and I did the Renewal of Vows a few years ago on Holland and it was a lovely event. Private room with live music, champagne, and appetizers. The Captain performed the ceremony and stayed to chat with us for awhile afterwards. We received photos and an album. We paid $150 for the package probably 6 years ago. Friends of ours did it in the chapel on Half Moon Cay.

My wife and I renewed our vows on HAL ten years ago on our 50th. Very nice quiet service with Captain and crew members. Had cake, nice discussion with Captain after service and received photo album. My wife and I were on cruise by ourselves. We will be on Eurodam in December for our 61st.

2 hours ago, Rkbmr73 said:

My wife and I renewed our vows on HAL ten years ago on our 50th. Very nice quiet service with Captain and crew members. Had cake, nice discussion with Captain after service and received photo album. My wife and I were on cruise by ourselves. We will be on Eurodam in December for our 61st.

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!

We just did the RoV a couple of weeks ago on the Koningsdam for our 50th anniversary that we are celebrating this year . 

The cost indeed has gone up to $250 USD and there is a charge ( Approx $17 )  for each invited guest witnessing your vows , we had our daughter , son in law and our 2 grandsons present.

The first day we came on board ship there was a beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses in our cabin when we walked in  ( included ) .Ours was held on a sea day at about 6 pm in the Hudson Room included is a bottle of  Brut,  there were quite a few appetizers for everyone which we did not touch because we were going to have supper  at the Tamerind right after . The couple taking the vows get each one Pinnacle gril dinner at a night that they can choose on that cruise . I received a nice corsage and my wife a very nice one for on her wrist  ( included )  the photographer took about 4 or 5 pictures and the day after we could choose only one of the large prints at no charge , we also received a nice HAL photo album ( included ) and in the album there were  a certificate with the names of the pair , date of the ceremony and the name of the Captain presiding over the ceremony , there also is the Renewal of Vows  celebration toast  printed off and also a official looking sheet explaining the celebration with the wording of the vows.

There also was the traditional cutting of the beautiful and very delicious  cake .

The ceremony was private  ( 3 more were to follow us later on ) the captain was in full uniform and we had about 15 or 20 minutes time to chat with him , which was a lot of fun . I purchased 5 extra large pictures for about $ 99 .

So I can honestly say it was a wonderful experience , done with class . I had booked it through my TA as a big surprise for my wife and she loved it ! 

Martha and Tony :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, IrishSmileyM3 said:

I started a thread a couple of months ago, still going strong 🤗 with lots of details on the package, as well as experiences of past ROV, if you'd like to get even more info:

Did you happen to see the last update on that thread you started  IrishSmileyM3  ? I wish you a wonderful time and ceremony on your upcoming cruise ! 

Tony :classic_biggrin:

34 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Did you happen to see the last update on that thread you started  IrishSmileyM3  ? I wish you a wonderful time and ceremony on your upcoming cruise ! 

Tony :classic_biggrin:

😂 So funny, as you were typing this to me, I was typing my answer to you having discovered your latest WOW post!!!