For those that have stayed in Owner's, Vista, Oceania Suite....

cruisetheworld67

Looking over all the itineraries for Oceania  and looking specifically at the Caribbean cruises out of Miami  for early next year.

We could afford the 10, 11 night cruises in one of the top suites  just to experience it , but is it really worth it?

I have looked at numerous videos on you tube detailing a walkthrough of each of these suites.  Did any of you actually use the jacuzzi on the veranda?

After the cruise did you wish you had stayed in a Penthouse suite instead?

Also, I noticed that an owner's suite on Sirena is not the same as the owner's suite on Riviera.

Of course the Riviera  owner's  suite is larger, has a piano ( do we need a piano?),  etc.

Appreciate any feedback before we take the plunge.

I  don't mind going a little crazy and splurging....I just don't want to go totally nuts!

probably obvious  but

Sirena is  a small ship & the OS has a smaller foot print so yes it will be different  same with Nautica, Regatta & Insignia

I would say only you can decide if "worth it"  many people love them

54 minutes ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

has a piano ( do we need a piano?)

I suppose if you wish to spend your vacation playing the piano then it's a great benefit...or if the cruiseline provides you with your own pianist to play for you!  😂

2 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I suppose if you wish to spend your vacation playing the piano then it's a great benefit...or if the cruiseline provides you with your own pianist to play for you!  😂

It's one of those piano's which is able to play itself...

I have stayed in the OS on Insignia and the Vista on Regatta. On Insignia it was well worth it because we were on for close to a month.  Two bathrooms make for luxury and I love the Aft views.

Both were cold weather cruises, therefore we spent more time inside.  Probably not worth it for Caribbean because you will be outdoors more often. Only you can decide.

Remember one thing....once you go with the larger suites it is hard to go back. 😉

• Like 2

We've been in the Oceania and Vista suites on Marina and Riviera, and an Owner's on Regatta many years ago.  For us, yes, it's worth it.  I definitely would not prefer a PH to one of the bigger suites on any of the ships!

That's not to say that we don't care for PH suites ... we've been in a PH far more often than we've been in one of the top suites.

I believe that Jim&Stan is correct about the player piano ... and I can see where they wouldn't want "just anyone" playing one of their pianos.  I've seen to many children banging away, and I'm sure there are adults who would do the same.

But we do love the extra space.  (No, we've never used that second jacuzzi on the veranda ...)

Mura

Depends on what you want . For us, a PH suite on Riviera or Marina is our “suite spot.” On the R ships, the PH is adequate for cruises that don’t last more than a couple of weeks max.

We use the PH suite primarily to sleep and bathe/shower, plus the butler serves us dinner on the last night when we are packing. Occasionally we may read or watch a movie. We rarely entertain in our suite, but if we have a couple or two over for drinks it’s fine.

If we feel like going in a jacuzzi, we go to the pool and use one of the two there. The spa is great for a sauna or steam. 

Edited by JPR

We have stayed in a number of different suites including oceania on the O ships and owners on the R ships. All were worth it but we never used the jacuzzi or TV on the veranda of the oceania suites. Suggest OP try choose one and give us feedback after your trip.

Have stayed in Vista on Riviera and Oceania Suite on Marina, and a PH on Regatta.  We enjoyed the Vista; but could not use the deck much; as the curtains must be closed when you are sailing at night.  We loved the extra space, the bar setup, the huge dining area, and two baths (yes, we could both shower at the same time in the two bathrooms).  Our most recent cruise was in an aft Oceania Suite on the Marina.  We used the wraparound deck every day; although we didn't use the jacuzzi or TV.   The little media center was nice for watching TV, while one of us was reading in the living room.  We used the dining area almost daily - breakfast and several dinners from specialty restaurants.  My husband was using a walker at the time and it would have been a royal pain getting around the PH using it... let alone storing it when not in use.   PH was OK; but multi-course in room meals were a bit difficult to negotiate.  Like others have said, it's hard to go back.  So, we have an aft OS booked on Riviera in the Caribbean this winter.  I believe I've read elsewhere on this forum that the OS is more bang for your buck.  But, let's face it, if we're sailing on O, the budget has gone right out the window.  We only live once...

34 minutes ago, Sny said:

But, let's face it, if we're sailing on O, the budget has gone right out the window.  We only live once...

As mother used to say, the one thing that we all must avoid is being the richest person in the cemetery.

Rock on!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

We made the mistake of accepting an up sell a few cruises ago, and now are spoiled for anything else.

We have sailed in owners suite in both classes pre -recent refurb.

Why we like them...

-we use our rooms a lot . Dinners from specialties, and love watching water go by on veranda. We also like having the space to have butler bring in morning coffee while we sleep and it doesn’t disturb us. 

-owners suite can board any tender at any time directly, no need to wait for ticket

-drink much? You get 6 bottles of wine /liquor. Not a big deal but nice not to even worry about bringing much on

Enjoy your cruise and remember , no matter your room, we all eat the same food, see the same shows, and arrive at ports at the same time!

We have been in the Oceania suite on the Riviera twice and loved it both times for all the reasons stated above (extra bathroom, lots of space, huge veranda, large table for insuite dining, etc.) Never did use the outdoor jacuzzi!

However, on our next cruise we opted for a PH suite since it was port intensive and we really weren't in the cabin very much. We were fine with the smaller cabin and still had wonderful service from the butler and enjoyed the cruise. We saved quite a bit of money going with the smaller suite and used it for private excursions. We'll be doing the same for our next cruise to Norway.

Would we book a OS again? Possibly, if the price and itinerary were right. 

Enjoy your cruise whatever you choose!😀