Princess Cays crowds

Notonboard

On 9/1/2019 at 10:55 AM, Brian1713 said:

Not sure where you are getting info on two ships being at Princess Cays at the same time. But I’m pretty sure the Regal will be the only ship there on November 25. As far as the other dates , think about the logistics of what happens when a ship calls on the island . All food and drinks is placed on tenders and brought to the island . So if a second ship showed up , where would they set up?  And then how would they charge you ? Would they have separate bars that you had to go to? And then the lines to get back to your ship?

We are there Oct 9th and Carnival Ecstasy arrives an hour before we do.

Edited by jovisoul

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Carnival Cruise Line disagrees with you.  According to Carnival's itinerary for that sailing, Carnival Ecstasy is scheduled to be at Half Moon Cay on Dec 5, 2019.  It would be difficult for Ecstasy to be in Princess Cay at the same time.  If I were you, I wouldn't rely on crew-center any more.  Please double check your facts before correcting me.  I double checked my information before I posted it.

That's what this entire thread is about... Half Moon Cay will be closed for renovations, so they're using Princess Cays.

32 minutes ago, jovisoul said:

We are there Oct 9th and Carnival Ecstasy arrives an hour before we do.

Not to worry, I don't know where you got this information but I understand Ecstasy is due to be in drydock October 5 to October 16.  I think you'll be OK.

5 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

That's what this entire thread is about... Half Moon Cay will be closed for renovations, so they're using Princess Cays.

Then why would Carnival be showing their ships stopping at Half Moon Cay?  I have seen at least one itinerary where Carnival shows stopping at Princess Cay.  So I think Carnival wouldn't be showing Half Moon Cay if they were going to Princess Cay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Not to worry, I don't know where you got this information but I understand Ecstasy is due to be in drydock October 5 to October 16.  I think you'll be OK.

I have seen many posts about it on various sites.

Edited by jovisoul

5 minutes ago, jovisoul said:

It’s on the link you posted. Plus, I have seen many posts about it on various sites.

The link I posted only shows Crown Princess at Princess Cay on October 9.  I posted the link for https://www.cruisetimetables.com/#destports .  Are you looking at crew-center.com?  I didn't post that one.  I suggest going to the 'horses mouth' and check Carnival's website directly.  You won't find any Ecstasy cruises between October 5 and October 16.

4 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

I give up. That's why the OP started this thread - because there will be quite a few dates where this will happen.

Just because an OP started a thread about it does not make it true.  🤔

Did you catch the posts that debunk this theory?

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:42 AM, lx200gps said:

According to a Princess Cays port schedule, there are a few days this fall when a Princess ship is in at the same time as a Carnival ship (9 Oct, 11 Nov, 25 Nov, 5 Dec, 9 Dec, and 23 Dec). Sadly, in all cases the smaller Carnival ship arrives before the Princess ship.  We dodged a bullet and our 18 Nov stop on the Regal is not affected. 

It would be helpful to know what your source of information is.  It could help to clear up any misunderstandings.

36 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It would be helpful to know what your source of information is.  It could help to clear up any misunderstandings.

IIRC, I was simply quoting on of the on-line schedules, found courtesy of Google,  which all showed the same information. One was CrewCenter, I don't remember the others.  Doubtless they get their info from the same source, which is why they agreed. Others are now saying that the cruise line schedules disagree with the port schedules. Given the dodgy quality of cruise line websites, I'm not sure who I believe, but in any case, our 25 November stop is still just the Regal. Sorry I can't clear up the misunderstanding.

59 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

IIRC, I was simply quoting on of the on-line schedules, found courtesy of Google,  which all showed the same information. One was CrewCenter, I don't remember the others.  Doubtless they get their info from the same source, which is why they agreed. Others are now saying that the cruise line schedules disagree with the port schedules. Given the dodgy quality of cruise line websites, I'm not sure who I believe, but in any case, our 25 November stop is still just the Regal. Sorry I can't clear up the misunderstanding.

Time will tell...  No matter what, you created a thread that kept us busy.  :classic_smile:

IDK why people keep posting false and not current info from third-party sites when we debunked this as @Colo Cruiser mentioned.  If you check Carnival site, their voyage itineraries do not show a conflict as they have adjusted them.

There was a more recent mention of a conflict because Sky now has Dec 1-4 voyage call at PC on Dec 3.  Carnival has a ship scheduled there, but it is going to be changed.  For sure that itinerary needs a change since I don't think any ships are going to be calling on Freeport in the next while.  Regardless, I am sure there won't be conflicts since the cruise line official schedules indicate this.

• Like 2

Seeing my October 8th Crown cruise is listed in this thread with a Carnival ship for October 9th I looked at cabanas. As of yesterday there were 15 available.  I also used a TA website that allows searching by port. Based on those results I do not believe there will be a Carnival ship at Princess Cays on October 9th.  If there is I will stay onboard. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RMM34667 said:

Seeing my October 8th Crown cruise is listed in this thread with a Carnival ship for October 9th I looked at cabanas. As of yesterday there were 15 available.  I also used a TA website that allows searching by port. Based on those results I do not believe there will be a Carnival ship at Princess Cays on October 9th.  If there is I will stay onboard. 

I don't think so either but if we arrive there on the 9th & the Carnival ship is anchored there I'll also make a day of it on the ship. A visit to the beach at Princess Cays is just not worth fighting over especially if the Carnival ship arrives an hour before we do. 

Because an upcoming cruise of mine appeared to have been impacted (based on some of the "information" found on certain websites, I did some cross-checking.  The confusion seems to derive from two sources: 1) the complete unreliability of the Crew Center website; and 2) the fact that some people are under the impression that Half Moon Cay is not receiving passengers and that Princess Cays is being used as a backup.  But by looking at all of the Carnival itineraries on its website, the truth is that there are NO dates in 2019 where Princess will share PC with another ship. 

The only ship that was rumored to cross paths with Princess was the Ecstasy and the Crew Center website is off by a day pretty much every time.  They have the Ecstasy visiting PC October 9 whereas the Carnival website shows no departures at all between 9/23 and 10/17.  (This would support the earlier mention here of the ship being in dry dock in early October.)  The crew Center website also shows dueling ships at PC on 11/11; 11/25; 12/5; 12/9 and 12/23.  Carnival's itineraries show Ecstasy visiting PC on 11/12; 11/26; 12/10 and 12/24 meaning that it visits PC one day later than whichever Princess ship is going there.  The Carnival website also shows Ecstasy going to Half Moon Cay on 12/5.  So I thought to myself, well, maybe Ecstasy will have to shift its schedule and go to PC on the 12/5 if HMC really is closed.  So that could actually be a day with two ships.  But then I checked and lo and behold, HMC is open for business (even after the hurricane) so it would appear that even 12/5 is clear as it is fair to assume that Ecstasy will be going there as indicated in its itinerary.

When you throw all of this information in the blender and then add in the fact that no one here has ever shared PC with another ship as well as the fact that the facilities on the island can barely handle the added passenger load of the Royal Class ships let alone a Royal Class ship plus a second ship, it is fair to assume until proven otherwise that no one here has anything to worry about and there is no reason to cancel your cruises!

p.s.:  There are many websites out there that have cruise ship schedules and I looked at a lot of them to try to sort this all out.  I cannot say whether this is always the case, but this site (mentioned in an earlier post) seemed to be the most accurate, at least on this topic: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/#destports 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1