Princess Cays crowds

Notonboard

2 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

While I have been to Princess Cay on numerous occasions and never once seen another ship there, I can't say it doesn't happen.  So I did a search for the port schedule.   According to the 2019 port schedule for Princess Cay 2 ships are scheduled to be at Princess Cay on the same day on occasion this fall as noted in the original post.

Yes, agreed. We know that in 2019 it is scheduled that way because Carnival's private island is under renovation. But I'm talking about the past - where I have never seen it happen over the course of many years cruising with Princess.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

21 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Don't love Princess Cays to begin with, but having to share it with 2 ships' worth of pax, particularly Carnival's pax, would be my idea of hell. Often don't get off ship there, and for sure wouldn't under these circumstances.

For the last few years I've been skipping Princess Cays but now that there beginning to use it for 2 ships at a time I'll never go back (except for one more time just to see how bad it really is). 

The beach with all it's rocks is nothing to get excited about.

The lunch is OK, for a picnic lunch. 

I'm sure Princess can sell it to the newbies for quite a few more years just the way it is before they realize how over hyped it really is.

It does make for an enjoyable quiet day on the ship. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Yes, agreed. We know that in 2019 it is scheduled that way because Carnival's private island is under renovation. But I'm talking about the past - where I have never seen it happen over the course of many years cruising with Princess.

Carnival does not have a private island ... they USE HAL's Half Moon Cay ... that is under construction

6 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We will be there on Nov 25 on the Regal and it looks like the Carnival Ecstasy gets in one hour before us.   Nope, not gonna get off the ship!

Here are the schedules:

Carnival Ecstasy 

Tuesday, November 26    Princess Cays, Bahamas    8:00am    5:00pm

Regal Princess

Monday, November 25    Princess Cays, Bahamas    9:00am    5:00pm

Carnival Ecstasy 

Tuesday, November 12    Princess Cays, Bahamas    8:00am    5:00pm

Regal Princess - Nov 11

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Here are the schedules:

Carnival Ecstasy 

Tuesday, November 26    Princess Cays, Bahamas    8:00am    5:00pm

Regal Princess

Monday, November 25    Princess Cays, Bahamas    9:00am    5:00pm

Carnival Ecstasy 

Tuesday, November 12    Princess Cays, Bahamas    8:00am    5:00pm

Regal Princess - Nov 11

3 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Don't think there will be 2 ships on Thanksgiving cruise.  This is the posted itinerary for Carnival Ecstasy:

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 3.52.40 PM.png

My guess is that the port schedule has not caught up with the current Carnival ship itineraries and I would go by the cruise line info over a local port schedule.

16 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Nope ... Oct 8 sailing, with Oct 9 at Princess Cays

Did you check the Carnival schedule.  It seems the referenced port info is bogus.  The Carnival ship is there on the 8th.  I think anyone who is concerned about this should check whether Carnival says their ship is at Princess Cay on the dates that this "whatever" port schedule indicates.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Did you check the Carnival schedule.  It seems the referenced port info is bogus.  The Carnival ship is there on the 8th.  I think anyone who is concerned about this should check whether Carnival says their ship is at Princess Cay on the dates that this "whatever" port schedule indicates.

Oooops ... guess i lost more of my marbles than i thought.

Here is the schedule for Princess Cays for the foreseeable future.

Cruises visiting Princess Cays: 

https://www.cleancruising.com.au/port.asp?port=BSPRI

Carnival has been using Princess Cays for the last couple of years, on a single ship basis, since it purchased Princess.  It is only using it with multiple ships while other Carnival sites are being updated.

33 minutes ago, famski740 said:

Here is the schedule for Princess Cays for the foreseeable future.

Cruises visiting Princess Cays: 

https://www.cleancruising.com.au/port.asp?port=BSPRI

Carnival has been using Princess Cays for the last couple of years, on a single ship basis, since it purchased Princess.  It is only using it with multiple ships while other Carnival sites are being updated.

Don't believe that schedule is totally accurate either.  Again, I would go by each cruise line's published itineraries.

Reading this thread got me concerned about my cruise in February, so I checked on our itinerary for that trip.  Only Regal at PC, but in St Thomas there will be five ships when we arrive: Regal, Epic, Conquest, Caribbean and Allure of the Seas.  This totals more than 21,000 PAX arriving in port on the same day!  Ouch!  :classic_ohmy:

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Reading this thread got me concerned about my cruise in February, so I checked on our itinerary for that trip.  Only Regal at PC, but in St Thomas there will be five ships when we arrive: Regal, Epic, Conquest, Caribbean and Allure of the Seas.  This totals more than 21,000 PAX arriving in port on the same day!  Ouch!  :classic_ohmy:

I looked for our Regal January cruise too and there will be 17,000 pax arriving in St Thomas and I thought that was bad!  That's why we locked in a shore excursion because I didn't want to be wandering around looking for a piece of beach with 17,000 other pax 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I looked for our Regal January cruise too and there will be 17,000 pax arriving in St Thomas and I thought that was bad!  That's why we locked in a shore excursion because I didn't want to be wandering around looking for a piece of beach with 17,000 other pax 🙂

Love STT, but it is infamous for these types of situations.  When we used to stay on-island, ships were much smaller, but still plentiful on Wednesdays, so we just laid low then. 

Oh and lucky us... going there early in the season this fall on the Crown and only us and two other smaller ships - total of maybe 4000 approx.  Easy-peasy that.  But when you visit STT on a Sunday, you can expect less crowding. 

Glad to see everyone is getting it now that PC will not have multiple ships with a Carnival one elbowing in for room on the same date. 

Edited by steelers36
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Not true. @ ships on Dec 5th.  Use this timetable - it's more accurate. http://crew-center.com/princess-cays-bahamas-cruise-ship-schedule-2019

I really  hate to think that Princess will be sharing Princess Cays with another ship at the same time but I thing your web site is correct. 

I just checked for the cruise we are looking at, as well as for December 5th.

The Carnival website shows the Pride at Princess Cays on Dec. 4th.

Not sure I see any Carnival ship there on the 5th.

I think the Carnival Ecstasy will be at their Private Island that week.

I would be checking the Carnival schedules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Not true. @ ships on Dec 5th.  Use this timetable - it's more accurate. http://crew-center.com/princess-cays-bahamas-cruise-ship-schedule-2019

Carnival Cruise Line disagrees with you.  According to Carnival's itinerary for that sailing, Carnival Ecstasy is scheduled to be at Half Moon Cay on Dec 5, 2019.  It would be difficult for Ecstasy to be in Princess Cay at the same time.  If I were you, I wouldn't rely on crew-center any more.  Please double check your facts before correcting me.  I double checked my information before I posted it.