Transportation From Orlando Airport to Cocoa?

klarson1027

we used a great one last year and I cant remember their name.  i'll try to crunch my memory.  I think I went on tripadvisor Orlando forum regarding MCO shuttle.  maybe it was here. 

that said, I typed a one line memo on the reservation form stating I'd loooooooove to listen to Radio Margaritaville on the ride IF they had Sirius XM radio.  turns out they did and they had it pre-tuned to the station!

An aside:  just as people from San Francisco do not like being called "Frisco", people from Cocoa Beach don't want to be called "Cocoa."  There is in fact a town called Cocoa, on the mainland about 15 miles from Cocoa Beach.   

They are about equidistant from Port Canaveral (8 vs 10 miles), so it could be possible to be staying in Cocoa and not Cocoa Beach.

Many here talk about Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Contran for transportation from MCO to the Port Canaveral area.   I don't know if Uber or Lyft would work unless you did multiple vehicles.  

For 13 plus bags you would need at least 3 UberXLs or 3 rentals. the drive from MCO to the port/Cocoa Beach takes about 50-60 minutes.

Where are you staying? Will you need transportation to dining, shopping, beach, etc.?  If you can do without rentals while staying in Cocoa Beach then I would use a shuttle service to get to/from the airport.

OP says group of 13

cruise control says max group (in one vehicle) 11

hot rayz limos can seat 18 in this and will use a trailer for bags

big.jpg

limo service typically charges by the hour ... the ride from MCO to the port is less than an hour

ex6.jpg

http://hotrayzlimos.com/index.html

Edited by Capt_BJ

3 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

OP says group of 13

cruise control says max group (in one vehicle) 11

hot rayz limos can seat 18 in this and will use a trailer for bags

big.jpg

limo service typically charges by the hour ... the ride from MCO to the port is less than an hour

ex6.jpg

http://hotrayzlimos.com/index.html

I wonder if they offer carseats..booster seats...free of charge...couldn't find that info on their website. The reason we're leaning towards Cruise Control. Thanks for pointing out the max number they can accommodate ..but works for our group of 10.