Are the wine pkgs same price on ship as pre-purchase price?

Grandma7

50 minutes ago, Grandma7 said:

Looks like alcohol pkgs go up if you wait till you are on the ship,

It has been a couple of years since we bought one, but it used to be that the prices shown on line included the 15% service charge but the on-board quoted price did not. The total price was the same after the 15% was applied to on-board purchases.

3 minutes ago, catl331 said:

It has been a couple of years since we bought one, but it used to be that the prices shown on line included the 15% service charge but the on-board quoted price did not. The total price was the same after the 15% was applied to on-board purchases.

That’s still correct 🙂   We bought one in April and May this year.

There is NO benefit to pre-purchasing the wine package. 

• Like 1

I noticed when I bought a 4 bottle wine package (for the first time) on our last cruise, the wine steward just kept a written tab, and we didn’t get charged until the last day of the cruise. Does that mean that I don't have to decide if I will order 4, 6 or 8 when I first order? We are going on a longer cruise so trying to decide which package I should order.

We weren't charged, either, until the end of the cruise (in August), but our wine package was in the computer, as our wine steward was able to check it for us when we forgot how many bottles we had consumed!  So the package number was in the books.

36 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We weren't charged, either, until the end of the cruise (in August), but our wine package was in the computer, as our wine steward was able to check it for us when we forgot how many bottles we had consumed!  So the package number was in the books.

Were the wines listed on each package reflective of what was on board?  I ask because I know you were on the Amsterdam in August and we will be sailing her later in the year for 51 days.  Thank you!

Edited by FlorenceItaly

52 minutes ago, CMDE said:

I noticed when I bought a 4 bottle wine package (for the first time) on our last cruise, the wine steward just kept a written tab, and we didn’t get charged until the last day of the cruise. Does that mean that I don't have to decide if I will order 4, 6 or 8 when I first order? We are going on a longer cruise so trying to decide which package I should order.

43 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

The initial purchase is actually entered into the system when you are given a written receipt from your wine steward.  The charge to your onboard account, however, is not processed and shown on your account until you have ordered the last bottle from your package.

2 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

The initial purchase is actually entered into the system when you are given a written receipt from your wine steward.  The charge to your onboard account, however, is not processed and shown on your account until you have ordered the last bottle from your package.

That actually hasn’t been my experience.  We normally get charged around 3 - 5 days after we order the package.  And guaranteed we didn’t drink all our 8 bottles already 😄😉 

Same thing with the corkage fee.  It seems to take a few days to show up.

one advantage - if there is VAT or taxes that have to be charged due to some ports and waters, they can choose to levy the charge on a day where you won’t be affected by the VAT/taxes 😉