Can You Purchase the 3-Night Dining Package Onboard?

25 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

DW and I are bandying about the idea of getting the 3-night dining package on our upcoming cruise on Symphony so we can go to Chops as well as try Wonderland and Jamie's - can we wait to purchase it once we're onboard or is this a package that must be purchased in advance?

You could buy it now and cancel it after you board before you use it, if you want.

As Bob said, you don't know if it will be offered. It IS offered on this voyage of the Adventure of the Seas.

1 hour ago, dplusd said:

When purchasing on board they will most likely add the 18% gratuity, which is not charged when purchased in advance.  If the 3-night dining package is offered on board it will most likely cost you more.

Excluding the issue of gratuity, the Cruise Planner price and the price on board are the same for the current voyage of the Adventure. 

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How did that compare to the cruise planner price?

Exactly the same price.

I'd made a note of the price before we left but didn't want to pre-buy as not sure whether we would do the dining package or 2 D+ BOGOS and purchase one more. The cost onboard was $79 and was better value than 2 BOGOS plus buying an extra dinner. The price on my planner was in pounds as I'm in the UK - £63.99 which equates to $79

Edited by Bobal

3 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Exactly the same price.

I'd made a note of the price before we left but didn't want to pre-buy as not sure whether we would do the dining package or 2 D+ BOGOS and purchase one more. The cost onboard was $79 and was better value than 2 BOGOS plus buying an extra dinner. The price on my planner was in pounds as I'm in the UK - £63.99 which equates to $79

So then by the time they add the gratuities to the on board purchase it works out about the same as buying it ahead of time which includes the gratuities.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So then by the time they add the gratuities to the on board purchase it works out about the same as buying it ahead of time which includes the gratuities.

The gratuities were included in the onboard price.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's not common.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, usually they have not been.

OK. Just double checked as I don't want to give out false info :classic_wink: The gratuities were definitely included and the prices I quoted are correct. Maybe the fact that it was sailing in Europe, where they have a harder time selling Specialities is the reason why. Certainly, there was a lot of discounting going on all week, both weeks. Including selling Surf and Stream for the last 3 days of each cruise at the 2 day price of Surf for the previous days.

1 minute ago, Bobal said:

OK. Just double checked as I don't want to give out false info :classic_wink: The gratuities were definitely included and the prices I quoted are correct. Maybe the fact that it was sailing in Europe, where they have a harder time selling Specialities is the reason why. Certainly, there was a lot of discounting going on all week, both weeks. Including selling Surf and Stream for the last 3 days of each cruise at the 2 day price of Surf for the previous days.

If the ship was based out of the UK, I know that drinks already have gratuities added.  Perhaps that applies to dining as well?

Just now, Host Clarea said:

If the ship was based out of the UK, I know that drinks have gratuities already added.  Perhaps that applies to dining as well?

It was based out of Rome. Who knows what reasoning there is behind much of what RC does :classic_rolleyes:

Just now, shemp2000 said:

Any opportunities on board to get a discount by combining 3 night dining package and Chefs table?   

My understanding was that the dining packages specifically excluded Chef's Table.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

My understanding was that the dining packages specifically excluded Chef's Table.

That's correct, Bob - Chef's Table and Izumi Hibachi (as well as wine pairing dinners and Mystery Dinner Theatre if those are offered) are all excluded from the 3-Night Dining Package

2 minutes ago, shemp2000 said:

The question was meant to ask if I purchase a 3 night package and a chef’s table; would there be a combo purchase discount..Thanks

Not that I've seen reported.

The only discount for Chef's Table that I've seen commonly reported is if someone also has the Deluxe Beverage package.

6 hours ago, shemp2000 said:

The question was meant to ask if I purchase a 3 night package and a chef’s table; would there be a combo purchase discount..Thanks

Have never seen this offered - and we always buy a dining package and often Chefs Table too. However they almost always have offers on Chefs table,  it wont be advertised but if you ask whoever is selling it you will almost certainly get a not insignificant discount