Shows on Escape

KarmaElectra

Booked last-minute for the Escape, and went to book my dining/shows.   I see "After Midnight," but I do not see a second theater show.  Last year, I think it was called "For the Record" (Brat Pack musical).    Did NCL remove that, or maybe it is just not available to pre-book?   Is there a second big show at all?   (Was hoping there was, since we really did not like "After Midnight" and will probably skip it.)

Thanks!

7 hours ago, KarmaElectra said:

Last year, I think it was called "For the Record" (Brat Pack musical).    Did NCL remove that, or maybe it is just not available to pre-book?  

For the record is removed from the escape, replaced by the Choir of Man

Had awesome time on Escape in July 2018.

We also saw Choir of Man in the supper club for a fee. Now it's in the theater for free. It probably loses a little something moving to a larger venue, but it was the best show I've ever seen at sea. (I know it rhymes. It wasn't planned. Lol)

Howl at the Moon is a must. Don't worry about how crowded it gets. They play for at least 4 hours every night they have it and there is plenty of turnover so getting seats is not that difficult with some patience. I believe they had it 4 nights during my 7 night cruise and we went 3 of those nights. So much fun!!

I didn't love After Midnight or the Brat pack show and felt like rccl does big theater shows better.

Also look for the small stuff.

Every night there's entertainment in the District Brew House, which was fun, and of course there's always something in the Atrium, but get there early if you want to sit comfortably and not on a folding chair. They should do some of the atrium stuff in the theater, but it was all fun and everyone was into it.

Great ship. You'll have a terrific time.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, Beer Belly said:

We saw Choir of Men on our sailing in the Supper Club back in 6/18, great show. If they still have After Midnight (dueling Pianos), I Highly recommend it, we got there late and had to stand, so get there early

Actually After Midnight is not dueling pianos.  It is old obscure Duke Ellington tunes with a tiny bit of tap dancing.  Personally we hated it.  It replaced the Brat Pack.  Choir of Men used to be a dinner theater show but was switched to the main theater about 6 months or so ago.  But, for some reason they don't let you reserve it on line.  

50 minutes ago, gizfish said:

Actually After Midnight is not dueling pianos.  It is old obscure Duke Ellington tunes with a tiny bit of tap dancing.  Personally we hated it.  It replaced the Brat Pack.  Choir of Men used to be a dinner theater show but was switched to the main theater about 6 months or so ago.  But, for some reason they don't let you reserve it on line.  

Completely agree.  I left after about 30 minutes.  Dull dull dull.

Choir of Men is brain candy, fluff, catchy pop tunes that people all know, instantly forgettable.  But a nice way to spend 90 minutes or so.  And you get free beer.

Thanks everyone!  I am extremely happy to hear that "Choir of Man" is the second theater show.    Can it be booked on embarkation, or do you just show up?

We usually catch some of the show in the atrium, but on all of our cruises have never seen Howl at the Moon - I think because it is always crowded - will have to make an effort to see it this time!  🙂

37 minutes ago, KarmaElectra said:

Thanks everyone!  I am extremely happy to hear that "Choir of Man" is the second theater show.    Can it be booked on embarkation, or do you just show up?
🙂

You need a reservation and can book it onboard.  We called NCL and booked it that way.  Shows are at 7:30 and 10:00 on 2 of the sea days.

Choir of Man was the best show we have ever seen on a ship. That said, we like live music. Also loved Howl at the Moon. Great music and vibe. My husband and companions liked After Midnight. It was entertaining. The Escape was lovely.

• Like 1

Just off the Escape and found the entertainment (which we really liked in the past) was the best it has ever been.  Choir of Man is a great show and Howl at the Moon is a really fun time.  

However also not to be missed is Golden Octaves (a group of 3 that played mostly in the Skyline Lounge) as they were  exceptional.   Ditto for the guitarist, Orly Penate who played mostly at Tobacco Road and one day at the District Brewhouse and the Supper Club. 

On 9/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, Beer Belly said:

We saw Choir of Men on our sailing in the Supper Club back in 6/18, great show. If they still have After Midnight (dueling Pianos), I Highly recommend it, we got there late and had to stand, so get there early

My bad, Dueling Pianos is badged "Howl at the Moon".....awesome show.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, McFins said:

Just off the Escape and found the entertainment (which we really liked in the past) was the best it has ever been.  Choir of Man is a great show and Howl at the Moon is a really fun time.  

However also not to be missed is Golden Octaves (a group of 3 that played mostly in the Skyline Lounge) as they were  exceptional.   Ditto for the guitarist, Orly Penate who played mostly at Tobacco Road and one day at the District Brewhouse and the Supper Club. 

Orly is still around?  That's good to know - he's amazing!!! we stalked him on the Escape last year - LoL!!!  I thought Choir of Man ended? or maybe it was just the crew we had (we saw it the very first week on the Escape).

8 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Orly is still around?  That's good to know - he's amazing!!! we stalked him on the Escape last year - LoL!!!  I thought Choir of Man ended? or maybe it was just the crew we had (we saw it the very first week on the Escape).

My understanding is that the original Cast of Choir of Men had thier last show on the Escape on the June 3, 2018 sailing, then toured parts of the US, our friends saw them perform in CT.

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

My understanding is that the original Cast of Choir of Men had thier last show on the Escape on the June 3, 2018 sailing, then toured parts of the US, our friends saw them perform in CT.

Actually, original cast finished up in July 2018.

We were on July 1st sailing and that was either their last week or 2nd to last week.

My wife and niece were called up on stage during the show (it was my wifes bday) and we spent some time with the cast after the show and they were telling us about their upcoming tour.

Such a great show in the supper club. Hopefully won't lose much in translation to the theater.

Looking forward to it on the Encore in January.