Advice for summer 2020 out of Bayonne

Oceansaway17

So I just booked the Empress and have parked at the Garage in Cape Liberty.

Now I see that the Adventure leave 3 days before and the Oasis 1 day before.

Wondering if I made a mistake and won't be able to park in the garage or the overflow outside parking.  Not to mention if Celebrity is also in the picture.

Why would Bayonne have 4 ships during a week go out and not have enough parking at the port?  Wondering what to do and their website is no help with capacity issues.

I already know the Summit forces folks to park in overflow.  What about Empress?

thanks in advance and no I can't use a cab or want to pay to park away from the port itself.

33 minutes ago, KimboJam said:

Last year we had to park in the outside lot right next to terminal and we didn't have any issues. 

But how many othet ships prior.

Next year will have Oasis and Adventure, Summit from Celebrity as well as tiny Empress.

So May 17th 2020 could be interesting with Oasis passengers after earlier Adv and Summit as well as Empress that left May 11th.

Me wonders if May 18th will be tight for space when Empress comes back.

I guess I am saying that RCI hopefully has determined that Port Liberty has the infrastructures to support 4 ships all coming on different days. They already made X ships park in overflow.

I might regret this booking since I must park at the port

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Next year will have Oasis and Adventure, Summit from Celebrity as well as tiny Empress.

So May 17th 2020 could be interesting with Oasis passengers after earlier Adv and Summit as well as Empress that left May 11th.

I guess I am saying that RCI hopefully has determined that Port Liberty has the infrastructures to support 4 ships all coming on different days. They already made X ships park in overflow.

There were 3 - Anthem, Adventure and Celebrity.  We got lucky and found a spot in the garage in June and in July was when we parked outside.  We plan on parking there,at the port, again when we sail Empress in July 2020.

3 minutes ago, KimboJam said:

There were 3 - Anthem, Adventure and Celebrity.  We got lucky and found a spot in the garage in June and in July was when we parked outside.  We plan on parking there,at the port, again when we sail Empress in July 2020.

So you think 4th ship wont cause a issue with overflow being filled?

So you think 4th ship wont cause a issue with overflow being filled?

I'm thinking it won't be but that's just my opinion. I was just talking to my hubby about it and he thinks it won't be a problem as the outside lot is tremendous.

1 minute ago, KimboJam said:

I'm thinking it won't be but that's just my opinion. I was just talking to my hubby about it and he thinks it won't be a problem as the outside lot is tremendous.

I just would like for their website to say the capacity of all lots. One would think they have this info.

Also 2020 first summer for oasis which adds a LOT more folks locally who will drive.

I am worried that overflow will fill up day before from Oasis and if X parks too.

I just would like for their website to say the capacity of all lots. One would think they have this info.

Also 2020 first summer for oasis which adds a LOT more folks locally who will drive.

I am worried that overflow will fill up day before from Oasis and if X parks too.

Can you get a ride to the port instead?  We live about 1.5 hrs away and tossed around the idea of a car service but it's cheaper to drive ourselves.  

6 minutes ago, KimboJam said:

Can you get a ride to the port instead?  We live about 1.5 hrs away and tossed around the idea of a car service but it's cheaper to drive ourselves.  

I live in Pa about 2.5 hours.

Still hoping the port parking lords can handle 4 ships and have not overlooked parking issues.

I would hate to show up and be turned away.

Either that or do reservations and expand lots.

They say on website parking is not guarantee.

It is having the Oasis there that will make or break the situation. Oh well guess I will change my plans

14 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I live in Pa about 2.5 hours.

Still hoping the port parking lords can handle 4 ships and have not overlooked parking issues.

I would hate to show up and be turned away.

Either that or do reservations and expand lots.

They say on website parking is not guarantee.

It is having the Oasis there that will make or break the situation. Oh well guess I will change my plans

I also share similar concerns. 12,000 passengers in less than 8 hours! Not only am I worried the Terminal could not handle that many passengers, but the parking! If parking isn't guaranteed, where else would I be able to park? I do not see any other lots in the near vicinity!

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

It may not be as bad as you think since you are going in May and schools are still in session.

18 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I also share similar concerns. 12,000 passengers in less than 8 hours! Not only am I worried the Terminal could not handle that many passengers, but the parking! If parking isn't guaranteed, where else would I be able to park? I do not see any other lots in the near vicinity!

Park2Go, free shuttle and 10 minute ride, indoor and out door parking. A little cheaper at 15 per day. 

The bottom line is that whatever ship was first, or had its passengers parking in the garage will continue to have the garage space as the disembarking passengers open up spaces for the embarking passengers of that same ship.  When I sailed on Anthem last year I did self-assist as early as possible and was home, in Upstate, NY, by the time the embarking passengers would have started boarding.  What that means is that the spots open up early so you don't really have to worry about 12,000 people roaming through the garage or lot trying to find either an open spot or their vehicle all at once.  Each ship doesn't need enough parking spots for 2x its passengers, only enough spaces for 1x its passengers.

16 minutes ago, Giorgi-one said:

Cape Liberty Port Schedule does not show Celebrity Summit next summer!

Celebrity Summit will be heading on an eastbound transatlantic in early August. It will then reposition to Boston on a westbound transatlantic from Dublin, which is why for the majority of August, Celebrity summit will not appear on the port schedule.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:33 PM, KimboJam said:

Parking shouldn't be a problem as the people disembarking will free up spots.

I was just re reading your post from last night and after processing it further you are definitely correct.

The returning pax from the prior cruise will open up some spots.

My apologies for mis reading your post.🙂

24 minutes ago, starrcards said:

We will have the multi ship problem in early July before Summit leaves.  We are on Empress leaving 7/6/20.   Adventure leaves 7/1. Oasis on 7/4, Summit on 7/5 and Empress 7/6.

That's not a problem. As noted above - the passengers disembarking from the cruise prior to yours will open spots as they leave, and considering it's the same ship it should be enough for the incoming passengers.  There's one thing we learned earlier this year (when Anthem was delayed arriving) - that terminal can only handle one turn-around at a time so it's not like there are 8,000 people looking for parking spots at once.