Escape dry dock?

jimandami

18 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Zooming in on the last photo for a somewhat closer view of the forward sun deck but hard to tell if there's a Vibe wall somewhere..

vibe.jpg

I plan on cruising the Escape this fall (first time). I do not understand what you are referring to when you mention a “Vibe wall”. Could you please explain what you are looking for in the photo?

3 minutes ago, copper004 said:

I plan on cruising the Escape this fall (first time). I do not understand what you are referring to when you mention a “Vibe wall”. Could you please explain what you are looking for in the photo?

On her sisters Bliss, Joy and Encore the most of the forward public sun deck part on deck 19 is Vibe Beach Club and/or Haven sun deck. No acces unless you pay (Vibe, separated from the public by a wall) or are a staying in a The Haven stateroom.

Escape (hopefully) has the only larger public deck compared to her later sisters. There was a common feeling that such a free benefit would be easily adjusted/reversed during dry dock, which is not unthinkable. 

Lay deck 19 from two of them side by side and you will see the walled off difference. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Zooming in on the last photo for a somewhat closer view of the forward sun deck but hard to tell if there's a Vibe wall somewhere..

vibe.jpg

The vibe wall would be on the starboard side of the ship. The question is whether there is still a public sundeck there, or if it all Haven now (like on the newer ships). If there was still a wall, it would be close to where the person is standing. It still see a ropes course in other photos!  

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Suna said:

Has anyone heard of any changes?

I realize it is not sailing yet...but I would at least think there would be a brief summary as to what was done...haven't seen anything yet though...anyone?

16 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

I realize it is not sailing yet...but I would at least think there would be a brief summary as to what was done...haven't seen anything yet though...anyone?

Perhaps just an oil/filter change or a rotate and balance...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So from the cruise deck layouts, it looks like the 5 O’clock somewhere has been changed to Syd Norman’s ... but that is the only changes I see. I am just curious if they did new carpeting, upgrading anywhere etc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Suna said:

I am just curious if they did new carpeting, upgrading anywhere etc

Carpet renewal, furniture upholstery, and cabinetry repairs are considered to be "routine maintenance" and are done on a "cost/reward" basis (does the appearance of the item detract enough that it will affect revenue to the point where potential lost revenue exceeds the replacement cost.  Also, the hotel has a maintenance budget, so they have to prioritize where the money goes, so some carpet may get renewed and other not.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Suna said:

So from the cruise deck layouts, it looks like the 5 O’clock somewhere has been changed to Syd Norman’s ... but that is the only changes I see. I am just curious if they did new carpeting, upgrading anywhere etc

Syd Norman?  I've not heard of this reference before.  What is it?

Syd Norman's Pour House is a music venue with drinks.  We enjoyed it on the Breakaway, which was our last cruise in January 2020.  They had a fantastic house band.  The musicians and singers were excellent!  We went to every show they performed.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MBMGWM said:

Syd Norman's Pour House is a music venue with drinks.  We enjoyed it on the Breakaway, which was our last cruise in January 2020.  They had a fantastic house band.  The musicians and singers were excellent!  We went to every show they performed.  

I cant wait to try that place!

On 6/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, MBMGWM said:

Thank you 

On 6/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, MBMGWM said:

Agree -we loved Syd Normans on the Breakaway too

• 4 weeks later...