Escape dry dock?

jimandami

Just now, hallux said:

Is that a modified bulbous bow or is that the original shape and it was just blasted and re-painted?

The latter. Escape was the first in the BA/BA+ series to have a sharper formed bulbous bow. BA and GA have the more classic bulb.

7 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Does anyone know how long this dry dock is supposed to last?

According to a posting from Meyer Werft earlier today, The Escape has finished Her dry dock and is now in Rotterdam getting ready for Her Sea Trials later this week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Does anyone know how long this dry dock is supposed to last?

Around May 21 if I recall correctly quickly, so with a few days of sea trials that would match. I haven't had the chance to drive to Rotterdam but she gets a lot of attention from the ship photographer community here so we will see her leaving for sea trials! With the long Waterweg to the sea Rotterdam is an excellent port for ship spotting. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1

I’m another one who is happy they won’t be adding the race track.  I know it’s all about the money with NCL, but it’s nice having different amenities on the ships and not having them all the same.

I don’t know if anyone knows, but did they or are they planning on taking away the public sun deck on deck 19 and making Vibe bigger like they did on the Getaway?

As far as I know the crew has no shore leave due to their Covid-19 bubble but it appears yesterday or today the crew was allowed in the dry dock for their photo ops. A few appeared on social media but with lots of faces, posing next to the anchor, ship propeller. 
Nothing new to see or spot, I might edit and post some of them later on! :classic_smile: