Escape dry dock?

jimandami

4 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

I was surprised that in November 2020 they revamped The Haven onboard Epic so you never know what they will do to Escape if it is already contracted with the shipyard

Almost none of the work done in renovating or revamping or upgrading hotel spaces is done by the shipyard, it is all done by sub-contractors contracted directly by the line.  Whether or not they already have materials delivered is one consideration, but the front of house work is entirely separate from the shipyard work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Almost none of the work done in renovating or revamping or upgrading hotel spaces is done by the shipyard, it is all done by sub-contractors contracted directly by the line.  Whether or not they already have materials delivered is one consideration, but the front of house work is entirely separate from the shipyard work.

Oh right, good to know, I always just assumed it was done by the dockyard or their subcontractors.

11 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

That change was in early 2020 I think. They changed the outdoor area to American dinner I think at that time too. 

Oh right, thanks for the info.

We were on the Escape in mid feb so must have happened after that.

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Earlier today the tenders, life boats and the two MOB's (Man Overboard Boat or Fast Rescue Boat) were hoisted on a quay nearby.

This is done to allow easier cleaning and touch up work to the boats, and also to allow the davit wires to be renewed and subsequently load tested, using water bags to simulate 150% of the weight of the boat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will also be very interested to see what they might do with the Supper Club. I will wager a guess that it might be made into something that is more revenue generating. When we sailed on Escape we really enjoyed going there on multiple occasions. While the food wasn't the best and some of the acts they had weren't exactly Broadway quality we still very much enjoyed our multiple (free) stops there. I hope they keep it the same but think they probably won't.

• Like 1

I am guessing pretty sure no drastic changes to the upper deck. But I might take the drive to the yard to check out Essie myself next week or so to see if there's a race track to be.. :classic_smile:

I heard some NCL FB groups posted photos from the previous Singapore dry dock, passing them as Rotterdam ones. #fakenews :classic_mellow:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 4:58 PM, jimandami said:

Hi all!  I'm wondering if there is any way to know for certain when the Escape will go into dry dock?  I originally read fall 2020, but then read April 2021?  We are considering changing our December 2020 cruise from the Encore to the Escape, but we do not want to switch if the ropes course will have been removed from the Escape (which I just assume is occurring, but obviously isn't know for sure).  Also, any opinions on the switch are more than welcome.  We will be in the Haven either way, so not super concerned about open deck space, but my kids really enjoyed the ropes course and I do not think the go karts and laser tag will be as much of a hit.

I have not heard anything about the rope course being removed. Do you know what and if they are replacing it with something or is just a possible rumor as of now? I do have a cruise scheduled for the Escape so I'm wondering what changes are going to be made if any.

9 hours ago, knight2096 said:

I have not heard anything about the rope course being removed. Do you know what and if they are replacing it with something or is just a possible rumor as of now? I do have a cruise scheduled for the Escape so I'm wondering what changes are going to be made if any.

My opinion: if they replace the rope cours it might have been taken apart whilst underway in (assuming) Europe. Subcontractors would move throughout Europe, meeting the ship. But.. the dry dock period is long enough to do it anyway. So my opinion or feelings are just that. But it's a firm believe. :classic_smile:

Everything else is also rumor, hear say, wishful thinking, etc. Nobody knows for sure until we are two weeks in the three week dry dock or when NCL gives us some news.

On the other hand, they quietly revamped the entire Haven complex on Epic last months, which nobody picked up until NCL press release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Some pics from around the dock, taken on the first days:

dok1.jpg

Thanks for the photos! Future updates will be appreciated. Scheduled to sail her on October 22! 🤞🏼