Waffle Cones for Gelato no longer available on Equinox

Orator

7 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree.  Was on the same cruise and the previous one.  Some of my best cruises.  The food and service were outstanding.

The waffle cones are just another of LLP's death of a thousand cuts.  At some point, she'll make so many cuts, the product will no longer be appealing.  Perhaps the board will come to its senses prior to that and send her on her way with her golden parachute.  I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed.  Anyone complaining often gets flamed for mentioning these little things.  And agreed, in and of themselves they may not be a big thing.  But a thousand little things over time becomes a big thing.  Prices keep rising while many little (and not so little) niceties go by the wayside.  Very frustrating and the polar opposite of modern luxury.  

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No charge for the ice cream just the gelato. I much prefer the ice cream to the ships gelato

So odd....

Since we’ll be in Italy enjoying their gelato I’ll stick with ice cream on the cruise 👍

Thanks

Was on Equinox last week and really missed the welcoming smell of waffle cones at Cafe Il Bacio. But even worse, there is no longer a dedicated attendant at the gelato counter. We would have to wait for someone at the other side of the area to notice us and come over when they had a chance, but their priority was coffee, tea, etc. This was a disappointment for us because the lines for ice cream at the buffet can get pretty long, so it used to be easier to get the gelato. I fear these changes are signaling the disappearance of the gelato offerings completely in the future. For some reason the decision makers and I don't seem to have the same taste in many things...what I call little comforts.  

I did happen to see the corporate chef up in the buffet having a pow wow with two other chefs. That day, the last of the cruise, the bakers put on an incredible display of jewel-like decorated cakes in the buffet, plus a chocolate waterfall. I took pictures and wish I knew how to show them here. Those cakes were spectacular. I still miss the smell of waffle cones baking.  

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I just know someone is going to say that they had to get rid of the waffle cones to pay for the free movies that were reinstituted. 😉

I love that smell too and would miss it (and they taste pretty good too!).

I just turned on my TV and the movies are still 14.99

3 hours ago, trishtoro said:

So odd....

Since we’ll be in Italy enjoying their gelato I’ll stick with ice cream on the cruise 👍

Thanks

Similar to having free main dining room, and charged for speciality restaurants.

But yes, you're much better off with ice cream in Italy.