Better Bourbon and Scotch

18 hours ago, NouCruzer said:

No Whistlepig rye on Allure?  It was all over on the Oasis earlier this year.  I would have thought that inventory would be consistent on Oasis-class ships.  Maybe not?

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s disappointing. I hope that’s not the case for Harmony when I get on in a couple of weeks.

That was just the pub menu. While I didn't see it in any of the bars, I wasn't really looking too hard.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, Sea Dog said:

I agree. I see that a liquor store near me might have the Antique 107 but is selling it for $149. Might have to splurge.

honestly, I wouldn't.  there are so many amazing bottles out there for 50 bucks or less.  Better off buying 3 great bottles at $50 then that antique at 149

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I know I will be looking hard in a couple of weeks to see which bars have what.

Please report back.  Our "go to" on Oasis was the Champagne Bar but that will be disappearing in the next upgrade and has already been replaced in Allure and Harmony.  

1 hour ago, NouCruzer said:

Please report back.  Our "go to" on Oasis was the Champagne Bar but that will be disappearing in the next upgrade and has already been replaced in Allure and Harmony.  

I loved the Champagne Bar. I'm not a big fan of the gimmick that is the Bionic bar. I would like to see more of the Tiki Bar like on Mariner.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 6:55 AM, rusty nut said:

Wild Turkey is a mixing bourbon, I would  not drink it neat.

If you prefer a smoother sweeter bourbon sure. But WT101 is certainly a neat drinker. All palettes are different. As long as we're drinking bourbon it's all good. 🥃

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Here’s the list I found at the Allure’s Champagne bar just the other day:

Buffalo Trace

Makers mark

Gentleman jack

Bullit

Four roses single

Wild turkey 101

Whistle pig

I would have no problem drinking any of those! Thanks for your posting your findings.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has been or going to be on the Harmony, I would love to know what you found onboard. I’m mainly a bourbon person but do enjoy other forms of whisk(e)y too. I have the drink package and am looking forward to trying just about anything. 

I will be on Harmony in December, will try to make a list of what is available and at what bars.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:14 AM, Wolfhunt said:

If anyone has been or going to be on the Harmony, I would love to know what you found onboard

Just got back yesterday and will be doing a full review including my whiskey and bourbon finds and reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Excited to read the review 

Oh it's going to be good. Getting pics organized now. It will be a as if live type of review so you will have to wait a few days till I get around to the whiskey tastings and reviews but I will cover it all.

We did a Blantons tasting in the gift shop on my most recent Vision TA. There were 4 of us that kept tasting until the bottle was empty. Good Times!!

I was able to buy 2 Blantons Gold for $89 each and a couple of bottles of Weller. The manager informed us that if any gold was left after this cruise......it had to be put in the closet until they do the TA back to Europe.

1021191552.jpg

Edited by Beachammo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I would like to see just one bourbon on the Diamond list. Jameson is good...but it would be nice to switch it up a bit.

Love this in the Lounge:

Me: you have bourbon?

Waiter: yes

Me: I'll take it neat

Waiter: sure thing.. go and pours Jack Daniels in glass

Me: Face palms 

Edited by Tulsacoker

4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Love this in the Lounge:

Me: you have bourbon?

Waiter: yes

Me: I'll take it neat

Waiter: sure thing.. go and pours Jack Daniels in glass

Me: Face palms 

Jack takes a probably good bourbon and runs it though some maple charcoal and ruins the flavor

If I gotta have Tennessee Whiskey.....i'd go with George Dickel.

1 hour ago, Beachammo said:

I would like to see just one bourbon on the Diamond list. Jameson is good...but it would be nice to switch it up a bit.

Try blending them- makes them a little more interesting- last few times I did a shot of Jameson and a shot of Jack- not bad.  You get some odd looks from the staff, but they understand after you explain it.

Perhaps if someone pointed out a bourbon that is the same price as Jack.  

24 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Try blending them- makes them a little more interesting- last few times I did a shot of Jameson and a shot of Jack- not bad.  You get some odd looks from the staff, but they understand after you explain it.

Perhaps if someone pointed out a bourbon that is the same price as Jack.  

Buffalo Trace is only $5 more per bottle than Jack around here and the same price as Jameson.

I vote for BT

Edited by Beachammo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Buffalo Trace is only $5 more per bottle than Jack around here and the same price as Jameson.

I vote for BT

Given the scale of RCI, I kinda doubt it's just about cost- JD is capable of supplying everyone in the world with their product.  Not sure if BT is.  JB is probably more likely capable.

I'm quite sure some of the wines are what they are because of supply ability.

10 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Given the scale of RCI, I kinda doubt it's just about cost- JD is capable of supplying everyone in the world with their product.  Not sure if BT is.  JB is probably more likely capable.

I'm quite sure some of the wines are what they are because of supply ability.

But BT is widely available in other venues, at least on Oasis class, even Enchantment.  And other BT products are available for sale in the shops.  That suggests that supply may not be the issue.  Rather, does RCI want to give it away in the DL or charge for it across all other venues.  Everything served in the DL seems to be bottom of the line.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got back yesterday and will be doing a full review including my whiskey and bourbon finds and reviews.

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for it. Our December cruise can’t get here soon enough.