Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
broadway13

Bucket of Beer

Recommended Posts

Leaving on the Breeze in a few weeks can anyone tell the cost of a bucket of beer and how many come with it.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure of the cost, but it is 4 beers.  The last time I did the math, the biggest bang for the buck for ABV is Sam Adams Rebel IPA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's buy 4 in a bucket get $2 off. Beer prices in Jaunary were 5.95-6.50 plus grats for most beers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the cost of a bucket for something like Sam Adams, in 16 oz bottles is $26 plus gratuity.  Save $2.

The 12 oz beers are $22.   Again save $2.

 

Would agree that Rebel IPA is the best bang for the buck in this instance.  Angel City IPA in 12 oz cans if that's all you want. 

Edited by crewsweeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean, bang for the buck? I only drink beers I like. So you might be getting more beer you don't like? I see more Bud cans then any other beer on the ship, no I don't like Bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never got a 12 oz beer on a Carnival cruise. Always been 16 oz. Maybe the self serve beer stations are 12 oz, not sure I don't drink draft. As far as bang for your buck I would to say Fosters by far, they come in the big 24.5 oz cans !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, coevan said:

What do you mean, bang for the buck? I only drink beers I like. So you might be getting more beer you don't like? I see more Bud cans then any other beer on the ship, no I don't like Bud.

 

Carnival no longer sells Budweiser, so you don’t have to worry about seeing that anymore. They also don’t sell Bud Light Lime anymore, which was my favorite beer on Carnival ships for several years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, didn't know this, the 2nd largest selling beer in the world. We like clear beers like Stella, Presidente, and Heineken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last cruise  2017, bucket of 4 Miller's Lite was around $25 (16 oz.)  My son had the 4 Coronas - $20 (12 oz.).

 

I wish they'd carry Miller's High Life and/or Miller's Genuine Draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, coevan said:

What do you mean, bang for the buck? I only drink beers I like. So you might be getting more beer you don't like? I see more Bud cans then any other beer on the ship, no I don't like Bud.

People drink for a variety of reasons.  Some drink to be sociable, some drink because they like the taste, and some drink to get drunk just to name a few.  Please don't pretend that you do not know what was meant by bang for the buck.  I like IPA's and drink them because I like them.  It just so happens that for the volume of alcohol in the Rebel IPA, I spend less money on my alcohol per once than some people on a beer that I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

I wish they'd carry Miller's High Life and/or Miller's Genuine Draft. 

 

Carnival currently sell Miller’s High Life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do drink beer during the afternoon while on board, but I couldn't drink four. 

But I do get the bucket because I've found I can bring what I don't drink back to the room and put it in the fridge or in a bucket of ice for the next day. I bring a little collapsible cooler to keep the beer cold while on deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CheersPkg4Us said:

I've never got a 12 oz beer on a Carnival cruise. Always been 16 oz. Maybe the self serve beer stations are 12 oz, not sure I don't drink draft. As far as bang for your buck I would to say Fosters by far, they come in the big 24.5 oz cans !

No more Fosters either!!  And BTW Aussies don't let friends drink Fosters.  Stuff is rotgut to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

Carnival currently sell Miller’s High Life. 

 

Cool, thanx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 7:20 AM, 1994te said:

People drink for a variety of reasons.  Some drink to be sociable, some drink because they like the taste, and some drink to get drunk just to name a few.  Please don't pretend that you do not know what was meant by bang for the buck.  I like IPA's and drink them because I like them.  It just so happens that for the volume of alcohol in the Rebel IPA, I spend less money on my alcohol per once than some people on a beer that I like.

 

I started drinking IPAs in college because I discovered my roommates didn’t like them, hence I could leave a six pack in the fridge and know it would be there when I returned to get one. Turns out, I like them, the higher IBUs the better. At a concert recently one of the beer stations had 22oz cans and they were ALL the same price. Funny to watch the guys in front of me going back over and over again for Bud Lights while I sipped my Voodoo Ranger. 

 

Last time I bought a bucket it was out of NOLA, they were bottles, and the bartender opened all of them before I left the bar. Am I to understand they don’t do that now?

Edited by wardamnweagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 7:04 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

Carnival no longer sells Budweiser, so you don’t have to worry about seeing that anymore. They also don’t sell Bud Light Lime anymore, which was my favorite beer on Carnival ships for several years. 

Where is an updated beer list? I googled for about 10 min and everything I find shows those beers still on the menu. Didn't know where to find something more up to date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlazeButler said:

I was able to mix and match the beers in my bucket nightly (or daily).

  • Did they just charge for what would have been the most expensive bucket? I think I asked once and they would not do a combo.
Edited by canes20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 4:14 PM, wardamnweagle said:

Last time I bought a bucket it was out of NOLA, they were bottles, and the bartender opened all of them before I left the bar. Am I to understand they don’t do that now?

 

Or, if you're on the pool deck, they'll come in cans. I've never had the server open all 4. I had a couple of buckets of Rebel IPA on sea days and they all came in cans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bottles and bare feet are not a good combo, never seen glass or glasses served in the pool areas

 

Am I to understand they don’t do that now? did you ask him not to open them?

Edited by coevan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 10:36 PM, amyj23 said:

Where is an updated beer list? I googled for about 10 min and everything I find shows those beers still on the menu. Didn't know where to find something more up to date!

This is from January on the Conquest.

Resized_20190130_195457_6816.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure how current this menu is, it is mentioned they discontinued Bud Light and we drank Stella and Presidente which are not on this menu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, coevan said:

bottles and bare feet are not a good combo, never seen glass or glasses served in the pool areas

 

Am I to understand they don’t do that now? did you ask him not to open them?

 

Yeah, idk. This was 2013. I don’t remember, honestly. And it was my brother and myself so he bucket was still empty in 10min between us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...