Celebrity App

smh071

10 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Right now, the app only works on the Connie, Edge, Equinox, Millie, Reflection, and Summit.

Surprised about Connie as she is yet to go through her ‘Revolution .’

I’m hopeful that all ships will have the App working when they come out of dry dock.

2 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

6 Days to sail away, and still no entertainment information loaded on the Connie Cruise 1st October past Day 1, plenty of information for the excursions though................! 

If you haven't already, try logging out of the app (actually logging out, not just closing th app), remove temporary data/cache (if on Android), and then logging in to the app again. I have done that before, and after the renewed login, a lot more info loaded in the app.

Also, make sure your "Daily Planner" filter is set to "Show All" instead of "Recommended". The filter must be changed again after logging out and in.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

If you haven't already, try logging out of the app (actually logging out, not just closing th app), remove temporary data/cache (if on Android), and then logging in to the app again. I have done that before, and after the renewed login, a lot more info loaded in the app.

Also, make sure your "Daily Planner" filter is set to "Show All" instead of "Recommended". The filter must be changed again after logging out and in.

Hi, thanks for your tips but despite logging out and back in and checking the filter to ensure “show all” is activated still no updates beyond day 1 and Celebrity Excursions, so annoying ! 

2 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

Hi, thanks for your tips but despite logging out and back in and checking the filter to ensure “show all” is activated still no updates beyond day 1 and Celebrity Excursions, so annoying ! 

I have exactly the same issue; only day 1 activities and Celebrity's own excursions for all days are visible - but my cruise isn't until December, so it's strange that you don't see anything else with less than a week to embarkation.

You don’t get the correct info until about a week before your cruise.  I had ordered several excursions and several were not on the app until about a week before our cruise. It was pretty good once you were on the ship. Enjoyed the app. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Louhut1 said:

You don’t get the correct info until about a week before your cruise.  I had ordered several excursions and several were not on the app until about a week before our cruise. It was pretty good once you were on the ship. Enjoyed the app. 

4 days out, no info still 

I used the APP on Edge.

Downloaded it in advance and used it to check-in in advance. You can take a picture of all guests ready for the Seapass cards and security and add personal data so you don't have to do that on embarkation and as Concierge we got expedited arrival so the only queue we had was for the security bag scanners. Easy.

I found there was very little I could see or do in the app for onboard planning in advance, but once connected to the onboard wifi it was all synced immediately.

Note that you do NOT need an INTERNET package, but you can connect to the onboard wifi and it asks if you want to buy Internet package, or just use it for the APP features which is free.

I found my iPhone 7 only worked properly with the app if I disabled mobile data so it was not trying to use mobile broadband. If you use airplane mode as suggested in an earlier post this will switch off the wifi on your phone so the app will not work at all.

When in port and off ship I switched mobile data back on, but this seemed to limit the functionality of the app.

I tried setting the app to allow my phone to open the room door, but for me it did not work with iPhone 7. I intended to ask at the iLounge, but it was always busy when I passed by.

I managed to use the APP to book a specialty restaurant on board without difficulty, and it was easy to put onboard events into your personal planner so you don't have to scroll down the whole daily list to find what you want.

You do have to constantly press the refresh button in the app. Drag the daily planner up and refresh is top right. Then any changes will be synced to the app.

If you have any doubts - do try it. We found it very useful.

Happy app-ing

On the messaging feature, can you ONLY message people on your reservation?

Or can you "add" other users outside your reservation to stay in touch? 
Also, is there a group messaging function (we are travelling with two other couples)? 

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Icon901 said:

On the messaging feature, can you ONLY message people on your reservation?

Or can you "add" other users outside your reservation to stay in touch? 
Also, is there a group messaging function (we are travelling with two other couples)? 

Thanks!

You can add more people.  Once on the ship they had a couple people helping set it up.  Very helpful. 

2 minutes ago, Louhut1 said:

You can add more people.  Once on the ship they had a couple people helping set it up.  Very helpful. 

Excellent info, thank you! 

Did you happen to notice if there was the ability to set up "Groups" as well? 

1 hour ago, LIMPIT said:

There are people to help with any problems on the ship upon embarkation.  It really wasn’t that helpful until on board except for checking in.  It had info but not all of it until onboard.  

On 9/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, Louhut1 said:
  On 9/26/2019 at 1:19 PM, LIMPIT said:

We sail Friday...   My info on the app was limited, but my sister saw everything.  I ended up uninstalling the app, then reinstalling it..  Now I have all the information.    Also, instead of looking at the day planner, go to the ship icon and select the category you want (i.e. the ship icon, then dining, then mdr.... or the ship icon, then entertainment, then  shows and movies..)  everything is listed for each day and time that way..you may have to swipe to the left to see more days.

I hope it works better than the RCCL one ( it appears to work on the same platform).

some parts were ok and very useful.

But the daily planner of events were screwed up.

Just off the indy and had it on several devices in our party.

a couple of devices the line up matched the compass but other didn't.

one night it showed a film and 2 DIFFERENT acts all in the theatre over lapping each other.

in the end only used it for the menus and account as it could not be trusted.

Jules

Have a smart phone and app is on it right now. Since cruise date is 50+ away, I'll deal with updates later (I hope). I am not a techie, so when a page gets changed, I am really searching , but.  I have a question...I will be taking my tablet along for reading material (books etc), will the tablet connect to the ship app? Bigger screen to view "things" seems to help this days. No I am not getting old, just smart enough to realize with age there is wisdom.:classic_rolleyes:

On 9/22/2019 at 12:32 AM, cruisestitch said:

You can text a fellow passenger without paying for Wi-Fi using the app. But they don’t get a ping so they won’t know that they have a text from you until and unless they sign in and look to see if there are messages

You cannot text to the outside world without buying a WiFi plan,

the ship’s app will not work in port.

Does it work IOS to Android? 

I have an iPhone and my husband has an android.

I have downloaded the app, but cannot use it, when trying to link my reservation, it says:

‘Sorry we have hit a snag.’

a) Is this because Silhouette is not linked until after her renovations

b) the cruise is too far out ( cruising on 1st August 2020)

11 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I have downloaded the app, but cannot use it, when trying to link my reservation, it says:

a — the Silhouette is one of the ships not yet supported by the app.  You can see the list of supported ships right on the app. 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, upwarduk said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head.    Until the ship has her renovations they do not show up.   I have a few bookings that don't show up.   All o my booking with ships that have not been through renovation do not show.

The Cruise date - August 2020 should not be an issue I show reservations on Millennium for a  1/15/2021 and 1/31/2021 cruise

Turtles06 is correct, Silhouette is not yet supported on the app. Have a look at the app details on the Apple app store or Google Play and it gives you quite a lot of information about what ships are supported, what facilities are available, how to connect, and what devices/ OS versions are supported. So for jamer, yes you can use a tablet if it has a supported OS version, e.g. for Apple devices iOS 11.0 or later.