Celebrity App

smh071

19 hours ago, Mosttoyswin said:

No cost, the app is “special”.

Thanks, that is good to know. I was concerned with getting home to a huge bill from my wife and I texting each other while on board. and I don't want to get WiFi

7 minutes ago, Clipper Chick said:

Sorry to be a dinosaur what is the Celebrity App and how does it work?  I can operate an iphone but not sure about costs for using apps.

The Celebrity App is an App that allows you to check in, has Express Pass, Menus and all sorts of things for your cruise. In addition it allows free texting while on board the ship. Others are probably more familiar with it and can give better information.

Edited by smh071
spelling

The Celebrity App is free to download. You can use the app while on the ship without a wi-fi package. On the ship you can check the menus at the restaurants, see what activites are happening during the day/evening and message other passengers on the ship.  

Using it  when not on the ship requires being connected to wi-fi or using data on your cell phone.   

Currently it is set up for the Constellation, Edge, Summit, Millenium, Equinox & Reflection.  The other ships have not been added to the app as yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smh071 said:

Thanks, that is good to know. I was concerned with getting home to a huge bill from my wife and I texting each other while on board. and I don't want to get WiFi

Be SURE to put your phones in airplane mode, then connect to the WIFI using the app.

We used the App frequently prior to sailing on Equinox in April where it detailed lots of information relating to the entertaiment times/acts, Menus, etc which was really useful for forward planning, we are sailing on Constellation in less than two weeks but the information is really restricted and appears not to have been loaded. 

3 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

We used the App frequently prior to sailing on Equinox in April where it detailed lots of information relating to the entertaiment times/acts, Menus, etc which was really useful for forward planning, we are sailing on Constellation in less than two weeks but the information is really restricted and appears not to have been loaded. 

I’ve just added the app to my phone and it’s showing all the entertainment and what’s happening on board each day for our cruise on Connie sailing Sunday. But no menus is this normal? Dianne

41 minutes ago, di T said:

I’ve just added the app to my phone and it’s showing all the entertainment and what’s happening on board each day for our cruise on Connie sailing Sunday. But no menus is this normal? Dianne

It usually updates with menus just before the cruise.    It is pretty normal that the menus are not up dated until the cruise.

Having said that I just checked my Edge  October 21 cruise and the menus are already loaded.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Does anyone know if it can also be used as our room key on the Reflection? Also can I use it to make reservation in specialty restaurants? I know RCCL we could check our account, order room service, make reservations, used it to board the ship and get a drink at the bar, but it did not unlock our stateroom door, but we used it on an older ship (Vision).

You can text a fellow passenger without paying for Wi-Fi using the app. But they don’t get a ping so they won’t know that they have a text from you until and unless they sign in and look to see if there are messages

You cannot text to the outside world without buying a WiFi plan,

the ship’s app will not work in port.

Sounds like the text function on board may be useful, as we are traveling with another couple, and want to be able to do our own thing, then reconnect at certain times/places.  I understand you do not hear a "ping", and have to check your phone.  I assume you need to be on board before you can link the reservation numbers with friends?  I was looking at the app on my phone, and it doesn't seem intuitive...

6 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

How far in advance of your cruise does the information appear? My cruises are showing but it just says check back later when I click on one. 

4 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

Normally around 90 days

Are entertainment details actually available in advance, and if so, does anybody have experience with 'how far in advance'?

3 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Are entertainment details actually available in advance, and if so, does anybody have experience with 'how far in advance'?

I'll keep checking.    I am booked on Edge Oct 21 and on the App they show one item in entertainment for Day 1 of the cruise -

They list "Celebrate the World"  at 4:30 on Day 1.    Maybe just a place holder as I find it hard to believe they would have a 4:30 show with a 5:00 Departure.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

We just got off the Summit this morning.  Activities and entertainment did not fully show up on the app until very close to our sail date. The app is really designed as an on-board tool, and it worked very well on board.  I liked having the daily schedule in my pocket without needing to carry around the Celebrity Today (and it was nice to be able to check the dinner menus in the MDR on the app; no need to go down to the MDR).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We just got off the Summit this morning.  Activities and entertainment did not fully show up on the app until very close to our sail date. The app is really designed as an on-board tool, and it worked very well on board.  I liked having the daily schedule in my pocket without needing to carry around the Celebrity Today (and it was nice to be able to check the dinner menus in the MDR on the app; no need to go down to the MDR).

I'm looking forward to trying the  app on my next cruise.  It looks like Celebrity is trying to develop this more, as I'm noticing more ships being added as well as more features.