Season 10 of Yellow Fish Cruises blog is underway

PescadoAmarillo

Just goes to show the difference between the old Internet access and the MedallionNet access. Of course it depends on where you sail but the MedallionNet access on Ruby around Australia was absolutely awesome for her and the "regular" Internet access on Majestic in the same area is horrible. Her blogs have gotten shorter and shorter due to the painfully slow access. Hopefully she will go ahead and type more up and then upload them when she has better access in port.

We had MedallionNet access on our last cruise (Emerald TA) and the service was still horrible. Location, location, location.

Edited by Thrak

16 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Hi Jeannie, sorry to see that the blog is on hiatus until you get some respectable internet access at home.☹️

Majestic's internet access sounds terrible. We board her on Feb 12th, so we'll just have to adjust our expectations.

Keep having a great cruise!😁

Graham

Oh NO!  I always start my day with Jeannie's latest posting.  The Majestic's internet access must be pretty bad; this is the first time she's had to put her blog on hiatus.

• Like 1

Oh no is right........but I understand completely.  It is hard to write a blog in the first place and to have poor internet makes it worse.  

I hope the rest of your trip goes well and don't worry about the blog, just enjoy yourself!!  Happy sailing and travels. 

I gave the internet service on Sapphire a mega burn in my post cruise survey.

The fact that they charge exorbitant prices for a service that fails to perform is ridiculous.

At best it is akin to the old dial up speeds with frequent drop outs and the failure to load various content.

Such a "service" should be free, then we would be getting what we paid for!!

6 hours ago, BabySarge said:

Hopefully Princess will figure out a fix soon

Majestic is being upgraded to MedallionNet this April.

Find cruises on ships with MedallionNet available:  Caribbean Princess® | Coral Princess® | Crown Princess® | Emerald Princess® | Island Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess® | Ruby Princess®Sky Princess®

Coming soon to:  Grand Princess® (Dec 3, 2019), Diamond Princess® (Mar 15, 2020), Majestic Princess® (Apr 18, 2020), Star Princess® (Jun 12, 2020), Enchanted Princess® (Jun 15, 2020), Sapphire Princess® (Jul 27, 2020), and Discovery Princess℠ (Nov 3, 2021)

I was on Ruby in November (same time as Pescado Amarillo) and the internet was brilliant. I was streaming HD Netflix in the cabin with no problems at all.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 2:27 AM, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

The fact that they charge exorbitant prices for a service that fails to perform is ridiculous.

At best it is akin to the old dial up speeds with frequent drop outs and the failure to load various content.

Such a "service" should be free, then we would be getting what we paid for!!

It was pretty poor on the sky and yes, for the prices they charge for it, it should work flawlessly.  The internet manager basically dismissed my concerns for the most part.  I was eventually able to do what I needed to do, but it was a pain.  I know they are making a fortune on selling wifi, but it at least needs to be usable.