Bathroom amenities tissue paper

zitsky

Do I have my very own stalker?  I didn't think I was that interesting.  Lol.

I am on 9/28 Mediterranean Odyssey.  I will try to post something.  I'm not the best at posting.  I normally post pics on Facebook but will try to post here.  Maybe I should post in the roll call thread or here, I don't know.

I should be packing right now but I just finished lunch and have tickets for Downtown Abbey at 4pm.

I will be on an international data plan plus will use ship's wifi.  So should have time to post.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frenchberet said:

Not stalking, just interested.  We have another 6 months until our cruise departs (Australia/NZ).  I saw DA last week, it was very good.  Have fun!

I was kidding.  But I'm disappointed that I don't have a stalker.  I have a very fragile ego.

Thanks for not giving any spoilers!

Edited by zitsky

If you are an allergy sufferer, be warned that you may have a problem with the indoor air on Viking.

I don't know if it was the cleaning products used throughout the ship, but several of us in my party had acute rhinitis as soon as we boarded.

The solution in the cabin was to open the veranda door and leave open for several minutes after the cabin had been cleaned in the morning and evening.  Be sure to open the bathroom door so that it is also aired.

I don't know what type of tissue (dare I say the word kleenex?) that Viking uses, but I find that most cruise ships provide a fairly light, thin variety that's not too easy on the nose.  If you're a chronic sufferer, you may have a favorite brand (for me, see above, of the "Ultra" variety.)  So if it's important, bring some of your fave, and yes, bring portable packets--I'll be packing several cartons of these for my husband when we do our WC in a year or so.

2 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I don't know what type of tissue (dare I say the word kleenex?) that Viking uses, but I find that most cruise ships provide a fairly light, thin variety that's not too easy on the nose.  If you're a chronic sufferer, you may have a favorite brand (for me, see above, of the "Ultra" variety.)  So if it's important, bring some of your fave, and yes, bring portable packets--I'll be packing several cartons of these for my husband when we do our WC in a year or so.

And with regard to the rolls of tissue, I would rate them at about 200 grit 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Not a fan of the pocket packs? Take boxes of fav brand. Think of them as space holders for the souvenirs you buy. Smash 'em flat or repack into plastic bags. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Not a fan of the pocket packs? Take boxes of fav brand. Think of them as space holders for the souvenirs you buy. Smash 'em flat or repack into plastic bags. 

I know what you mean about the pocket packs, but they're handy for excursions.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, zitsky said:

Do I have my very own stalker?  I didn't think I was that interesting.  Lol.

I am on 9/28 Mediterranean Odyssey.  I will try to post something.  I'm not the best at posting.  I normally post pics on Facebook but will try to post here.  Maybe I should post in the roll call thread or here, I don't know.

I should be packing right now but I just finished lunch and have tickets for Downtown Abbey at 4pm.

I will be on an international data plan plus will use ship's wifi.  So should have time to post.

Downton Abbey was fabulous!  I must do an itinerary that has the visit to Highclere Castle on it. 

To return to your topic 😁. Yes there are tissues. I also have allergies and must have tissues at all times. I use Claritin because it doesn’t make me drowsy. 

26 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

Downton Abbey was fabulous!  I must do an itinerary that has the visit to Highclere Castle on it. 

To return to your topic 😁. Yes there are tissues. I also have allergies and must have tissues at all times. I use Claritin because it doesn’t make me drowsy. 

Yes, it was!   I just looked at the pre/post excursion last night.  It’s offered with the Paris & Heart of Normandy river cruise.  Sounds wonderful.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frenchberet said:

Yes, it was!   I just looked at the pre/post excursion last night.  It’s offered with the Paris & Heart of Normandy river cruise.  Sounds wonderful.  

We were fortunate enough to have been able to do this post extension (Oxford/Highclere).  It was very nice!  Oxford is a lovely town and HC was definitely a highlight ... we were admitted an hour before it was opened to the public!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, molymoo said:

We were fortunate enough to have been able to do this post extension (Oxford/Highclere).  It was very nice!  Oxford is a lovely town and HC was definitely a highlight ... we were admitted an hour before it was opened to the public!

Were there rooms you didn't see on the show that you saw on the tour?  Surprises?  I think they only showed a bathroom once on the show.  I was reading there is an Egyptian collection?

On 9/23/2019 at 7:57 AM, zitsky said:

Were there rooms you didn't see on the show that you saw on the tour?  Surprises?  I think they only showed a bathroom once on the show.  I was reading there is an Egyptian collection?

We saw most of the rooms that you see in the filmed episodes ... some are actually filmed on a London sound stage.  There were a few surprises but nothing really shocking.  We got to see a lot more of the house and grounds that are not generally seen on the show as well.  The grounds are lovely!  

There is a large Egypt collection but we opted for more time on the grounds as it was an absolutely lovely day.  

The extension also included a trip to the town that serves as the site for the outside shots for Downton Abby ... and the church ... that tour was a nice as the castle!  We got to sit in the church which was filmed in many times ... it is a "working" church!  It really was a nice extension!  

• Like 1