Cancelling before final payment

rotjeknor

A question, if you cancel before final payment, is the deposit paid at booking returned ?

So far all 18 bookings with HAL were a "go" , but right now I'm looking at one in 2020 which we would like to do but we're not sure about the vacation schedule at work yet.

But the perks on this booking are rather attractive.....

Booking conditions can vary in other parts of the world depending on where you booked.  You should contact whoever you booked with and ask them.  Even in the US, if you book with a nonrefundable deposit, then you lose the deposit.

Always fine until final payment.   If you need to cancel, it needs to be BEFORE final payment day - not day of. . . Unless of course, it is a non refundable fare.  Check the fine print before booking.  

Edited by Gigi1977

49 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

A question, if you cancel before final payment, is the deposit paid at booking returned ?

So far all 18 bookings with HAL were a "go" , but right now I'm looking at one in 2020 which we would like to do but we're not sure about the vacation schedule at work yet.

Hi Rotjeknor, 

Not in all cases would you receive your deposit back if you refunded before final payment.  Some promotions have a non-refundable deposit situation even if you cancel cruise before final payment.  It is always best to clarify all booking conditions before committing any money if your interest is having a fully refundable booking before final payment.

It is my understanding that there may be different conditions based on what country you are in. Please check as I note you are in Rotterdam, not the US. In the US, the deposits and any payments are generally refundable up to final payment date UNLESS you booked with a non-refundable deposit.

Edited by oceanmom

3 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

My experience as a European is that deposits are forfeited.