Izumi Hibachi

chet the jet

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas in November. I have booked a meal for 3 of us at the Izomi Hibachi for $45.00 per person. I just saw on a post the other day pictures of the meal. Small salad, Bowl of rice, Small steak and very little vegetables. Has anyone ate there before and did you meal look like this. I know that this is on a ship and can not take it home with you but I know I could eat more then this. Here at home we have one and we get the chicken and steak for two at a cost of $42.00. It is like we never been to one so this is not something new. What is you take on this. Should I save my money and use it some other place.

• Clarea changed the title to Izumi Hibachi

Didn't take pictures, but got off Harmony two weeks ago.  I had the filet and shrimp, wife had the lobster and scallops.  All was cooked to perfection (even my medium rare filet,) but we couldn't begin to finish as hard as we tried,  BURP!

Sea ya!

• Haha 1

I do think the serving of veggies is small, but the last time we had Hibachi, the chef had more than he served so asked if anyone wanted more and he gave them to those who did.

My family is one that enjoys a good, filling dinner and I have never finished the rice as I ate the veggies and my steak and lobster or other times steak and scallops.  With the salad, the edamame, the veggies and the proteins with the rice, it seems to me, to be quite a lot of food.

I thought the serving of filet was a larger piece than I had gotten at Chops when I ordered the 9 oz size.  I don' t know how much you can eat, but if you are worried about not getting enough, go to a different restaurant instead.  You don' t have a chance to get multiple appetizers etc as you do in other restaurants.

We did the Izumi Hibachi about 2 weeks ago on Harmony. Plenty of food and they asked if anyone wanted more rice or vegetables so it was not limited to what they first dished out. 

I would also spend the extra $4 for 2 meats / proteins if you are worried about not getting enough food. We did just the one and found it to be enough for us. 

We enjoy the specialty restaurants and will do Izumi Hibachi again in the future.