FCD's

suekel

I was under the impression that when one purchased a FCD on board that it could be used on any cruise and that was all the deposit that was needed.  And that it was refundable. That has been the case for my past few and 2 upcoming cruises.   Did something change?  

Thanks

2 minutes ago, suekel said:

I was under the impression that when one purchased a FCD on board that it could be used on any cruise and that was all the deposit that was needed.  And that it was refundable. That has been the case for my past few and 2 upcoming cruises.   Did something change?  

Thanks

Not that I know of.  What have you heard?

2 minutes ago, suekel said:

My TA said that for me to get a refundable deposit, it would be more.  I emailed her and told her I was confused.  I have a PVP but she doesn't return my calls.  

Probably what your TA meant was that the cruise fare would be more to book the cruise with a RD versus a NRD.  If you have been following the Princess board there has been a lot of discussion this year in regards to Princess changing to show all NRD pricing on their website, but RD pricing is available if you ask Princess agents or your TA.  Some TA's will display all pricing options on their websites; some don't.

1 hour ago, suekel said:

Thanks

We booked EZ-Air, pre-cruise hotel, and cruise with just our FCDs down last Friday.

My old PVP was wonderful, this one not so much. I've written to Princess requesting a new one.  

As to the FCD the point of this thread...Yes, the cruise was a little bit more due to me wanting a refundable deposit but my TA, bless her heart, gave me a discount so it would be the same price as booking with a non refundable.  Gotta love it.  Now, I just have to wait for the cruise to go on sale so I can rebook at a lower rate!  I got 2 years, there's time.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

If you are booking a promo with a non-refundable deposit the FCD used from the deposit becomes non-refundable. The 3 for free is an example. As mentioned in post 4 most times you can pay a higher fare and the deposit becomes refundable.

And this depends on who you speak to at Princess.

Recently I was assured by 2 Princess agents and 1 supervisor that the FCD would be put back in to my account if I cancelled a booking with a non refundable deposit. She said they do it as a courtesy.

Since it is not in writing I went with a refundable deposit fare.

6 hours ago, dog said:

And this depends on who you speak to at Princess.

Recently I was assured by 2 Princess agents and 1 supervisor that the FCD would be put back in to my account if I cancelled a booking with a non refundable deposit. She said they do it as a courtesy.

Since it is not in writing I went with a refundable deposit fare.

Yes, possible. I cancelled one cruise with a non-refundable deposit using an FCD, and then booked another at the same time. The FCD was transferred over. Did not lose it. This is hit or miss, not written policy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, suekel said:

Thanks

I usually make 10 FCD when onboard.  That way, I have refundable deposit placeholders for cabins and locations for potential future cruises.   Even if I only book 3-4 cruises out of the 10 FCD’s.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 9/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, jangor said:

Love my PVP!

I guess they're OK if your unfamiliar with the ships & where you want to cruise to but other than that what do they really offer?

Could it be that I've been missing something?