Any Update on Vista Skyride?

Sweetiepie3

DH and I are sailing on the Vista next Saturday. I know the skyride is out of commission for September, due to maintenance issues. Has anyone heard if it will be operational for the October 5th sailing? Has anyone on board this week heard anything from Carnival regarding the skyride? Thanks, in adavance, for any updates.

1 hour ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

DH and I are sailing on the Vista next Saturday. I know the skyride is out of commission for September, due to maintenance issues. Has anyone heard if it will be operational for the October 5th sailing? Has anyone on board this week heard anything from Carnival regarding the skyride? Thanks, in adavance, for any updates.

All quiet, which cannot be good

If you read Sids live blog post from the Horizon last week, he took pictures of the skyride being worked on.  From his pictures they were doing welding on the track which looks like they are welding all the joints in the track instead of just relying on the bolts to hold it all together.  Chances are the skyride won't be ready.  I have a sailing on the Horizon on Oct. 19 and I am not counting on it being open.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, marci4tony said:

So, the question now is - Did you ride it?  And if you did, was it worth the hype?

Leaving in 24 days on her

Thanx!

Shaq seemed to enjoy himself in that video I saw of him as the new CFO of Carnival!