I get bored on cruises (and vacations).. help!

Just now, charlesjb2016 said:

We do that too?  Think I'm missing your point.

Oh, I guess I missed that. I can see being bored on cruises but with land travel I can always choose to do something other than originally planned.  

2 hours ago, charlesjb2016 said:

My wife and I are both workaholics, though give me a decent spy novel and I'm happy (I am easily amused...)

My wife's remedy is doing about ten jigsaws a day in the ship's library.

Charles

I am really good at jigsaws, I did one last week in just a few hours, the time on the box said 5 years +.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, charlesjb2016 said:

My wife and I are both workaholics, though give me a decent spy novel and I'm happy (I am easily amused...)

My wife's remedy is doing about ten jigsaws a day in the ship's library.

Charles

I've seen folks somehow coat completed jigsaw puzzles so they could be hung on the wall.  I thought it was kind of a cool thing to do.   

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

There is a glue you can apply that dries clear and holds the pieces together, then the solid puzzle can be put behind glass.

So it's now a picture. Doesn't it beat the object of doing jigsaw puzzles?

Gluing the bits together certainly makes it an easier puzzle.

I think something is being lost in communication 🙂 

Some people complete a jigsaw puzzle once and then won't do the same puzzle again.  If someone (who doesn't re-do puzzles or have anyone to pass it on) had a puzzle where they really liked the picture, after completing the puzzle they could spread the glue medium over it to keep the pieces together, then frame and hang it as art. 

If you want an extra challenge, you could do the puzzle backwards on the picture frame glass face down - so you don't see the puzzle until you are done 😄 

5 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

I think something is being lost in communication 🙂 

Some people complete a jigsaw puzzle once and then won't do the same puzzle again.  If someone (who doesn't re-do puzzles or have anyone to pass it on) had a puzzle where they really liked the picture, after completing the puzzle they could spread the glue medium over it to keep the pieces together, then frame and hang it as art. 

If you want an extra challenge, you could do the puzzle backwards on the picture frame glass face down - so you don't see the puzzle until you are done 😄 

I see a new form of artistic composition for cruise ship auctions!  😀

• Haha 1

The biggest reg flags for me in the OP were traveling solo and books. While it can be relaxing, those things are the epitome of a boring time.

I used to think I didn't want to travel with groups of people. As it turns out, that is the best time. No one felt like they all had to be together at each moment, but when we did, we had a great time!

I don't ever suffer from boredom but I feel that's because I am always reading, learning, etc. and I love my own company and never need to be entertained.

Though it might at first appear counter-intuitive, meditation is a great way to be "in the moment" and appreciate things that some might never notice.