Escape during Super Bowl

amyd

In the scheme of life I would live and be fine with that....but I"m guessing there will be a bar with the game on somewhere.  I'm a Dolphin fan so I got no chance at my team playing anyway. HA HA

• Haha 2

I was on the Escape for the Super Bowl in 2018 and on the Bliss for the Super Bowl in 2019. For both, they had it on any screens in any of the bar areas, on the big screen near the pool, and on the big screen in the Atrium. On the Escape, I believe they also had it on the big screen in Spice H2O. Of you click the youtube link in my signature, you can see some video my SO took of the Super Bowl on the pool deck on the Bliss last year.

• Like 1

I was on the BA for the Super Ball. Game was on everywhere, cakes a food everywhere. Lots of people at Spice h20 watching the game......Eagles won!

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

The only downside to watching the Super Bowl on a ship is that they don't have the broadcast rights to the commercials. You will see the game, but not the commercials.

When we watched the Super Bowl on the Getaway in 2016, the atrium was all decked out for the game and there were hotdogs, wings, nachos and popcorn available for snacking.

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

I was on the BA for the Super Ball. Game was on everywhere, cakes a food everywhere. Lots of people at Spice h20 watching the game......Eagles won!

What a sad day that was 😞 lol at least for us patriot fans. We watched at H20 was amazing.

OP... there will be plenty of places to watch including in your room on tv. Stinks you can see the commercials or half time show but still fantastic watching on the boat.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kayjay76 said:

What a sad day that was 😞 lol at least for us patriot fans. We watched at H20 was amazing.

OP... there will be plenty of places to watch including in your room on tv. Stinks you can see the commercials or half time show but still fantastic watching on the boat.

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6783.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, salty dingo said:

I have been on a NCL ship on Super Sunday and the game was shown. They may not show NFL games normally but they may just make an exception. Probably will be in a specific venue like a bar. I would not expect to see it in your cabin.

Was on Epic for Super Bowl. Waited to long to find “a spot” . Ended up watching it in our cabin! 

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

E     A    G    L    E   S    Eagles!!!

• Like 2

Had a blast watching the Super Bowl on the Escape.   Payton Manning's last game and lots of good sport Panthers fans were happy for him! One of the most enjoyable times I've had on over 20 cruises.   

We actually booked for the following year but my DM's health didn't permit going.   This year, we planned to book SB week but work didn't cooperate so will be on board for the playoffs

Have a wonderful cruise

Thank you so much for the replies.   First, I would never watch tv in my room on a cruise. HA.  Glad to hear there are choices and that its not just one bar showing it.   I've been very disappointed in the commercials the past couple of years so it will be ok without them.  Luckily we have youtube and can watch the really good ones after we get home.   Thanks again for all the replies.  This cruise cannot get here quick enough.  SO READY!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, amyd said:

Hi cruisers, 

We will be on the Escape for the Super Bowl.   Does anyone know if they have a particular watch area?  

Thanks

I am on the same cruise! Hoping for a fun Super Bowl Party!

• Like 1