LGBT meetups on Epic?

ammorgan86

Are there any kind of LGBTQIA/queer-friendly meetups on the Epic? This will be my first cruise (Western Mediterranean leaving Civitavecchia on 10/30) and I haven’t seen anything about this specifically, although I read that these might be called Friends of Dorothy on cruises. I’d love to meet other cruisers from the LGBTQIA community on the ship 😊

I found a thread from this summer with dailies from an Epic cruise:

Looks like there was a daily informal (unhosted) LBGTQ+ meetup every evening. I remember seeing a daily meeting in my Bliss dailies last month, too.

9 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

Yes, there are LBGTQIA get togethers. I have noticed that every NCL ship we have been on has them. Enjoy your cruise.

Goodness sakes, is there now more letters added to that?  I can't keep up anymore.

(Disclaimer for the PC crowd:  That's a joke).

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ammorgan86 said:

Are there any kind of LGBTQIA/queer-friendly meetups on the Epic? This will be my first cruise (Western Mediterranean leaving Civitavecchia on 10/30) and I haven’t seen anything about this specifically, although I read that these might be called Friends of Dorothy on cruises. I’d love to meet other cruisers from the LGBTQIA community on the ship 😊

There is a daily meet-up on NCL ships, usually early evening.  Each sailing is so different though.  We have been on ships where 20-30 people showed up daily and on others where we were the only ones.  I think NCL calls it the "LGBTQIA Get Together" - I think Celebrity calls their version Friends of Dorothy.  They will post the time and location on the daily planner.  Have a great cruise!

14 hours ago, ammorgan86 said:

I think every cruise we have been on has a meeting and get together almost daily. 

42 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Goodness sakes, is there now more letters added to that?  I can't keep up anymore.

(Disclaimer for the PC crowd:  That's a joke).

Have to ask the same thing, no idea what AI stands for?In fact the Q was just added recently, but regardless, I guess the OP knows and I am glad we can help by giving the answer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

Have to ask the same thing, no idea what AI stands for?In fact the Q was just added recently, but regardless, I guess the OP knows and I am glad we can help by giving the answer. 

i take surveys online and for the 1st time ever there was a non binary selection next to male/female.  the world is changing and i cannot keep up. to me when i was in school binary was a number thing. not a person thing. 

• Haha 1

We have found on our last few cruises (16 on NCL) that they have been hosted. As noted above, sometimes the turnout is big, sometimes just a few people. We have met some really wonderful people through these events. We are still in touch with some of them many years later. Only once was there one oddball trio and they ended up being quite entertaining after all. 😮

My  one rule for these get togethers is to not talk about work!  I’m on vacation and I don’t want to think about it. If someone asks what I do for a living, I just change the subject. There are plenty of other things to talk about!  (I guess this is true for shipboard life in general, not just these meetups.)