Ship time on carnival vista

archdelux

Surprisingly, the whole ship time vs port time thing seems to be very confusing and inconsistent. I've searched and seems like every ship and every company does it differently. For the purposes for booking shore excursions outside of Carnival, does a 7am-3pm time listed on the itinerary in Cozumel (leaving from galveston on the carnival vista) mean 7a-3p or does it mean 8a-4p?

Edited by archdelux

Cozumel is on Eastern  Standard  Time all year long.

The Vista  is currently on Central Daylight Time, same as Eastern  Standard.  In November  the Vista will be on Central Standard time, one hour earlier. So for next 3 weeks, 7A-3P is same. Then between  November 2,2019 and March 8,2020  7A-3P ship will be 8A-4P Coz.

Always go by ship time. Turn off auto time change on smart watches and phones. If there is a change you will be notified when ship docks. And all legitimate vendors  know this. So confirm  with vendor at reservation which time is being referred to, most likely  Coz time.

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Cozumel is on Eastern  Standard  Time all year long.

The Vista  is currently on Central Daylight Time, same as Eastern  Standard.  In November  the Vista will be on Central Standard time, one hour earlier. So for next 3 weeks, 7A-3P is same. Then between  November 2,2019 and March 8,2020  7A-3P ship will be 8A-4P Coz.

Always go by ship time. Turn off auto time change on smart watches and phones. If there is a change you will be notified when ship docks. And all legitimate vendors  know this. So confirm  with vendor at reservation which time is being referred to, most likely  Coz time.

great, thanks - that is helpful. so the Carnival vista always lists its arrival and departure times based on the embarkation port time, not based on local time

Correct. Unless its Alaska or Bermuda (for the most part), Carnival will keep the ship time set to the port of embarkation/debarkation. Ship time might be different from local time. Always stay on ship time. The local vendors will know what time the ship arrives local time and should work with you.

Be very careful with smart phone even if in airplane mode but wifi active, I've had the iphone time changed thru wifi several times while on shore and no longer what I thought it was.  Need to look into what the poster said about turning off time change...

The time variance will be pretty clear on your Daily Fun Times.

These ports cater to vacationers for a living.  They know.  I'm like you...I want to be sure - but just double check before you head out to your daily activities (regardless of port) and you'll be fine :)

To my understanding you stay on ship time which shouldn't change from original port. If you take a watch with time from original port any times for all your stops will be on that time. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 8:55 AM, dude_hdt said:

Be very careful with smart phone even if in airplane mode but wifi active, I've had the iphone time changed thru wifi several times while on shore and no longer what I thought it was.  Need to look into what the poster said about turning off time change...

They actually recommend taking a watch with you so it stays set to ship time. Of course, if you have a smart watch that may not work...

We just got off the Vista today and they are on CST.

Edited by Chervil

• 3 weeks later...