Class Drinks Package questions

BRC6C

We are about to book a cruise and since it has been a while and things change so fast I have a couple questions!

1) If you get the drinks package as a perk do you have to pay gratuities on it in addition to the $14/day charge?

2) What is the max price of included drinks?

3) If you want a drink that is more than the max price can you just pay the difference?

4) If you don't get the drinks package as a perk, must all adults in the room buy it?

Thanks for any advice!

2 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

If you upgrade from Classic to Premium during the cruise, do they pro-rate the cost based on the days remaining?

Yes you can. However I have vague memories of reading that there is some kind of time limit on this. I read that you can't so it in the last few remaining days of your cruise. Others may be able to conform the policy. 

On 10/13/2019 at 4:14 PM, Mira28 said:

Just wondering, as an add on to this question, are most drinks like a glass of wine, margarita etc. close to $9

or more?

Thanks!

On 10/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, lauraapp said:

Yes, all frozen drinks, wine beer under $9 

Huh? Not all wine and beer is under $9, there is plenty that is more. For wine, in fact, I think most glasses are more than $9, so you'll be fairly limited on the classic package, but I think you should always have a couple of choices of red, white, rose and even sparkling (Prosecco). 

You can get most mixed cocktails made with a spirit selection that is within the constraints of the package, but there are a few things that might be extra (e.g., Bailey's is $10). 

The second quote you included was not saying all beer and wine onboard is under $9 but that all frozen drinks, wine and beer that is priced below $9 is included in the Classic Package.

I drink Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay and sparkling wine (aka “champagne”) very happily with the Classic Package.

Edited by helen haywood

50 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The second quote you included was not saying all beer and wine onboard is under $9 but that all frozen drinks, wine and beer that is priced below $9 is included in the Classic Package.

Well that's not ALL that's included in the package. I suppose when one writes in incomplete sentences, the intent can get lost. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I drink Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay and sparkling wine (aka “champagne”) very happily with the Classic Package.

I'm pretty certain there's no 'real' champagne on the classic package.