10:30 A.M. NEWARK FLIGHT OFF OF ANTHEM

hlfrps

16 minutes ago, hlfrps said:

Is a 10:30 am flight too early getting off Anthem, flight out of Newark.  We can do self assist.

If you can be off the ship and on your way to the airport by 7:30am (or 8am if the weekend), then you should make it.  You do not have much margin for delay.

I think it is possible, but I don't know if I would risk it. Less traffic on a weekend will make things easier. Slower going if you are trying to get to Newark on a weekday at morning rush hour. Most of the time you will be off the ship as scheduled, but there are the times when you are delayed an hour, and that can mess you up.

If you do self debarkation at 7-7:30ma you should have no problems.  Bayonne has been using Facial Recognition Technology and on our August sail, it was one of the quickest exit I ever experienced.  Newark Airport is only about 15-20 minutes from the pier.  Also, going to the airport are going against the NYC traffic.

10 minutes ago, Hidden Minnie said:

Got off the Anthem this morning. Self assist started at 7:45. You’ll need to take a cab - the 8am Royal transfer bus to Newark left around 9:20. 

There are also vans in the taxi parking lot that takes you to airport, if interested.

What airline?   If United I would say NO.. others... maybe.. to you have TSA PreCheck?   Is this on a Thursday or saturday?    will the stars be aligned?   Today disembarkation started at 745, last time I was there it didn't start until almost 845 due to CBP not clearing the ship as quick.    

Take it from someone who lives in NJ and frequents EWR.... unless you have a good backup plan and can afford any charges due to missing the original flight, don't chance it.  Besides, you just spent time relaxing on a ship, now you want to get all stressed out rushing to EWR ???