Is the Odyssey of the Seas popular?

mcatmcat

Hi

I was looking at 2020 when my friend told me about the Odyssey a new brand ship sailing from Florida ( I though they were repositioning it  from New York or Asia sailing from FL in the future). I booked the 6 night and prices seem reasonable if you take in consideration that this is a brand new ship so here is my question. Do you think Odyssey is or will be a popular ship? I remember that prices for the Symphony were high when they first sailed from Miami but Oddyssey is not that bad. 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

I was looking at 2020 when my friend told me about the Odyssey a new brand ship sailing from Florida ( I though they were repositioning it  from New York or Asia sailing from FL in the future). I booked the 6 night and prices seem reasonable if you take in consideration that this is a brand new ship so here is my question. Do you think Odyssey is or will be a popular ship? I remember that prices for the Symphony were high when they first sailed from Miami but Oddyssey is not that bad. 

I think it will. The first Quantum Ultra class ship in the fleet sailing in the US. People who've cruised Quantum class ships will want to check out the "hype" in the differences between the two.

Edited by jbethel11
Not sub-classes.

4 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

It seems that any "new" ship commands a higher price for a year or two.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I think it will. The first Quantum Ultra class ship in the fleet sailing in the US. People who've cruised Quantum class ships will want to check out the "hype" in the differences between the two.

What is the difference between the "regular" Quantum class and the "Ultra"?  Everything I read about the Ultra sounds just like the regular Quantum: NorthStar,  I-Fly,  SeaPlex, 270 Lounge, etc.

About the only differences I see is a few family suites with an in-room slide, the Skypad (if its even operational) and maybe a few different dining venues which is not unusual within ships of the same class.

What am I missing?

At least there are some significant differences that separate the Freedom-class from the similar but smaller Voyager-class.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my first one that I book not being couple years old.  I agree I thought the prices was not that bad for being a new ship.  I am looking forward to trying Quantum class.  I did get the corner aft spacious ocean view so will be curious how big it is going to be looks huge.