Cruising in December?

Hi folks!

my husband and I went on our first cruise in May and became hooked (we went on one other and one in a few weeks since!). Perks of living in Cocoa Beach! We are looking to take a December cruise on the Navigator to try out a different port. My question is: will the ship be decorated? Will there be Christmas/holiday themed activities? I tried looking through old Cruise Compasses and couldn’t find much.

would love to hear your experiences/thoughts or see pics!

thanks all!

Ships start decorating for Christmas right after Thanksgiving.

Depending on when you sail in December, there will be caroling and Santa also has been known to stop by.

Special menu in MDR on Christmas Day.

24 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Last year they put the tree up on Navigator on 27 November. 

20181128_032642.jpg

20181128_034541.jpg

Edited by FionaMG

24 minutes ago, 90007012 said:

Hi folks!

my husband and I went on our first cruise in May and became hooked (we went on one other and one in a few weeks since!). Perks of living in Cocoa Beach! We are looking to take a December cruise on the Navigator to try out a different port. My question is: will the ship be decorated? Will there be Christmas/holiday themed activities? I tried looking through old Cruise Compasses and couldn’t find much.

thanks all!

The ship is normally decorated from right after Thanksgiving to the first week in January.

My wife and I have been on a few December Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, both in early December and on Christmas Day / Christmas Eve and we will be on the Explorer Christmas cruise this year.  The ships are decorated throughout the month of December.  However, the caroling and other special activities are only during the week or so before Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, Santa Claus usually shows up and there are special menus (and special prices) in some of the specialty restaurants (all except Izumi on the Explorer).  On Christmas Day, there are also special menus and prices in those same specialty restaurants as well as a special menu in the Main Dining Rooms.  The special Christmas Eve and Christmas Day specialty restaurant dinners are not covered by dining packages.  That is something to consider if you are thinking of adding a dining package to a Christmas cruise.  My wife and I will be on the Explorer Christmas cruise this year and we had originally purchased the Unlimited Dining Package.  However, after finding out that the only specialty restaurant that would be covered on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day was Izumi, we cancelled the Unlimited Package and purchased the 3-Dinner package.  We like Izumi but it is not where we want to have Christmas dinner.  Then we separately purchased the Christmas Eve dinner at Chops and decided to go to the MDR on Christmas Day.  The Christmas Eve dinner costs $89 per person (about twice as much as an ordinary dinner at Chops) but includes complementary lobster and a split of Moet & Chandon  champagne per person so it is not a bad deal if you enjoy lobster and do not have an alcoholic beverage package (which we never get because we get 3 drinks per day for being D+).

8 hours ago, 90007012 said:

Hi folks!

thanks all!

Every time I drive to south Florida I ask myself why about the time we get to Pt St Lucie.  We have a perfectly fine port 10 minutes away.