Burgers...

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think they were made from Soylent Green.

😄  That might have gone over many people's heads.

Thin isn't necessarily bad when it comes to burgers.  It just can't be overcooked. There's a bar near me that servers outstanding burgers.  Two thin patties, hand made fresh each day, cooked properly, stacked with 2 slices of American cheese.  Perfection.  They have several other burger options with fancier toppings but a perfectly cooked, dripping with cheese burger is hard to beat.  I don't mind JR's but only eat there for breakfast.

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:
3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think they were made from Soylent Green.

Well, I don't want be a spoiler or anything but I can't help but think of one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes  where people from another planet land on Earth with a book "How to Serve Man".  

Initially people were  overjoyed thinking they had new servants...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This board skews younger so the millennials probably think I'm referring to a veggie burger.  I knew I would find one person who would make the connection to a campy  1970's  Charlton Heston , Edward G. Robinson movie.

1 hour ago, MericaAR15 said:

Soylent Green is people!!!

I'm dying over here hahaha.

On topic, I hope the burgers are adequate for a quick lunch.  They didn't look too great in the videos I've seen, but I'm a bit of a burger snob.

I would recommend choosing either the MDR for lunch (free), or Playmakers (for a small upcharge if your ship has it) for the burger.  Johnny Rockets, also a fee, is o.k. too.  By far the lowest quality of the bunch is the Windjammer.  I think that's the option that most complain about so loudly, deservedly so.

Dan

Can someone confirm a couple items I read in this thread:

1.  If you eat at Johnny Rockets, the $5 surcharge INCLUDES a glass of soda?

2.  The dry-aged-steak-burger from Chops... how does it compare to either JR or Guys?  Or is it more like steak on a bun?

Thx in advance

Johnny Rockets is like so many other restaurants you find in touristy areas. Bland. If it wasn't for the experience, it could never exist on its menu alone. While not terrible, they are nothing to write home about. Certainly not something I'd want to pay extra for on a cruise. Royal should be able to do some really great burgers for that charge.

Guy's a home-run to me. My burger has always been great. I love the fries and their seasoning. You can top them however you want. Love me some bacon, grilled onions, chipotle mayo, and jalapenos

5 hours ago, styxfire said:

Can someone confirm a couple items I read in this thread:

1.  If you eat at Johnny Rockets, the $5 surcharge INCLUDES a glass of soda? ...

Whatever the charge for JR (and I believe it's over $10pp now), it includes soda.