Cabin Steward Question

amberoc

We are sailing on the Breakaway next weekend. We are bringing a cooler on board to keep my breast milk cold and need to keep it full of ice. I need our room steward to bring a LOT of fresh ice every day. What is the best way to request this? We were thinking of giving a tip up front for incentive. 

Thanks !

44 minutes ago, amberoc said:

We are sailing on the Breakaway next weekend. We are bringing a cooler on board to keep my breast milk cold and need to keep it full of ice. I need our room steward to bring a LOT of fresh ice every day. What is the best way to request this? We were thinking of giving a tip up front for incentive. 

Thanks !

You could have them empty out the mini bar in your room and keep your breast milk in the refrigerator as another option.

• Like 2

I agree with both.  The room steward will be glad to do that (either) for you.  They do get busy with all the rooms the are assigned.  So if he/she forgets or gets behind, they will not have their feelings hurt if you mention it to them again.  Yes.  We tip at the end.  

• Like 2

I would definitely recommend having the steward clear out the mini-bar fridge for you on the first day and keeping the milk in there instead of depending on regular ice deliveries. The stewards are usually fantastic and will provide you with what you need, but I would worried about them getting overburdened and falling behind and possibly missing an ice delivery or delivering it late.

You may also want to consider contacting the Access Desk. We recently received the paperwork for my husband to do dialysis and on there was a question asking if we needed a refrigerator for the cabin -- so I'm guessing they must have something colder than the minibar?

On 11/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, amberoc said:

Thanks !

You need to contact special needs before you board. You may have trouble getting your cooler on board without their help. Check the family board for similar discussions.