Newbie to Celebrity

Traderboy

I wonder how the dining room arrangements on Celebrity differ from Princess.

We arebooked on Celebrity Constellation in February and we have booked ‘any time’ dining.

Other than the buffet, what dining arrangements are there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spa cafe (breakfast and lunch...light fare) Pool grill, Tuscan grill and Sushi on 5 (fee based).  Celebrity is in process of removing QSine from all ships (it may already be gone on Constellation) and replacing it with Le Petit Chef, an animated show on your plate as you dine, also fee based.

Al Baccio is a coffee shop but the pastries are free without paying for the coffees.

Enjoy Celebrity.

The pool grill is called the Mast Grill and is at no fee and typically open from 11 AM to 6 PM, but this could vary. Check your planner for times. Good burgers, fries and dogs. Tuscan Grill is base price of $45 pp for dinner but there is always a discount offered on the first night and during the rest of the cruise, folks are outside the buffet offering discounts. Or if there is no offer, make them an offer. Never have gotten less than 20% off when I ask for a discounted price. Sushi on 5 is ala carte, and not very expensive. Ask for discounts there too. Often they have an "all you can eat" special for lunch or dinner. Room service is no charge and you can order from the dining room menu during open hours. 

Along with those other options listed, you can also of course eat in the main dining room - with the "anytime" selection, you simply show up whenever you're hungry, and they'll seat you at the next available table.  :)

Of course there is the MDR and buffet.  If you are booked in Aqua Class Blu will be your assigned dining room for breakfast and dinner and is any time dining.  If you are booked in a Suite then Luminae is the dining room for Suite passengers it is open for breakfast and dinner everyday and for lunch on sea days.  Luminae is also anytime dining,

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

.......  Celebrity is in process of removing QSine from all ships (it may already be gone on Constellation) and replacing it with Le Petit Chef, an animated show on your plate as you dine, also fee based.

We left the Constellation on October 30th after a B2B2B.  While we were on the ship Qsine was indeed being transformed into Le Petit Chef, and folks were selling the LPC experience during the final leg.  

2 hours ago, 39august said:

The pool grill is called the Mast Grill and is at no fee and typically open from 11 AM to 6 PM, but this could vary.

OP is asking about Constellation where it is called Pool Grill on the deck plans I have.  It is Mast Grill on S class ships. Sorry, I hit the comma instead of the period after the free places to eat.  You are right, the grill is free.  Funny, DH loves that place and in all the cruises we have done on Celebrity, I have never eaten there.  He gets the burger and carries it to Spa cafe where I like to eat sometimes.  Some of the crew there jokingly tell him that they will have to charge him if he insists on eating hamburgers in their healthy eating venue!😀

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We left the Constellation on October 30th after a B2B2B.  While we were on the ship Qsine was indeed being transformed into Le Petit Chef, and folks were selling the LPC experience during the final leg.  

Thanks for the info.  They were preparing to convert Summit when we were on there in Oct also.  it will be interesting to see how long that place lasts.  I see people saying all the time, "One and done!"  I know for sure we will never dine there.  My entertainment on a plate is food nicely presented!

5 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thanks for the info.  They were preparing to convert Summit when we were on there in Oct also.  it will be interesting to see how long that place lasts.  I see people saying all the time, "One and done!"  I know for sure we will never dine there.  My entertainment on a plate is food nicely presented!

I will also wonder how long the LPC concept will remain.  While some folks have posted on this forum that they find LPC charming and entertaining, we did it on the Eclipse this spring (when we had a significant amount of non-refundable OBC and also received a discount) and for us it was a "once and finished" experience.  

I would be curious as to what you heard on the Summit.  I was told by one of the food and beverage folks that even though one of the specialty restaurant venues was closed as the space was being converted into LPC the specialty restaurant sales target set by the "experts" in Miami was not lowered.  The specialty restaurant sales target was the same as if all of the extra fee venues were in full operation.  Didn't seem fair to me, but certainly explained why staff was really pushing specialty dining sales.

We were just told on Summit as they pushed hard to get us to book QSine that it would be our last time to eat there being as how it would be converted to LPC soon.

I have never been on a cruise where there was so much pressure to book Sp restaurants.  Often there were two of them going around Oceanview trying to sell.  You could hardly enjoy your lunch without being interrupted.  They started with 30% off and near the end of the 14 days they were down to 50%.  It became a game to us, watching peoples' reactions to the persistant sales presentations!  Celebrity needs to lower the prices for the Sp restaurants.  Then they wouldn't need those guys wasting their time trying to get people to book.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

I have never been on a cruise where there was so much pressure to book Sp restaurants.  Often there were two of them going around Oceanview trying to sell.  You could hardly enjoy your lunch without being interrupted.

There are few intrusions as objectionable than a upsell pitch while you're eating.

I wonder if we'll see a lot behavior of that on the Silhouette Nov 22nd? Is this a "Celebrity thing"?