Taxi to Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale

mommypenguin29

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Does the Embassy Suites not have a shuttle from FLL to the hotel? The Hyatt Place next door does, though they now charge a whopping $2 per room for the pickup.

Just checked last night - Embassy Suites has a shuttle but $12 per person!!😮😮

2 hours ago, mrsbojamp said:

Just checked last night - Embassy Suites has a shuttle but $12 per person!!😮😮

Also if you use the shuttle you call the hotel when you get your bags and it can take a long time for the shuttle to come. one of our group who used waited 45 minutes.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, mommypenguin29 said:

So might change hotels as I can get a decent price at Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale... but curious how much a taxi is to get there from the Ft Lauderdale airport... deciding if I should switch hotels or keep the LaQuinta I have booked...

Here's a great tool that provides the answer.  You can input any pick up and departure location and get the estimated fare.  IOW, you can use it to get the estimated fare from the airport to any hotel and from that hotel to the port.  You can even input the exact pier used by your cruise.

BTW, this tool can be used for many other places besides Fort Lauderdale.  Just put the city your interested in in the search bar at the top.

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Fort-Lauderdale-FL&from=Cruise port fort lauderdale

Edited by RocketMan275

27 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Anther reason taxi is just so easy.

Yep.   And uber even cheaper, usually with newer cars and more friendly drivers. 

There are endless never-ending threads here asking about hotels with shuttle's.  Generally they are slow and inefficient.  I've never understood using free shuttle availability as a factor in choosing a hotel just to save a few dollars.

Edited by bouhunter

Uber question.  Learning.  Last time at FLL we ordered Uber and grumpy man told us we could not put three suitcases in his car with the two of us.  They would have fit no doubt.  Was this just a weird experience or do we need to order the bigger car next time?  I looked at Uber site and it seemed with just two of use all should have been okay.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Seacreature101 said:

Uber question.  Learning.  Last time at FLL we ordered Uber and grumpy man told us we could not put three suitcases in his car with the two of us.  They would have fit no doubt.  Was this just a weird experience or do we need to order the bigger car next time?  I looked at Uber site and it seemed with just two of use all should have been okay.  Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. We've used both Uber and Lyft at FLL, as well as other domestic and foreign airports. Our experience with drivers that pick up passengers at any airport is that they generally expect travelers with luggage, and generally arrive with vehicles that can accommodate at least two passengers with their luggage. We usually travel with two checked bags and two roll aboards. The majority of the time, all four bags fit in the trunk or behind the rear seat if the vehicle is a mini-van or small SUV (regular Uber or Lyft, not an Uber XL or larger.) If the bags do not fit, every driver has offered to place whatever didn't fit either on the back seat or on the front seat. Maybe we've just been fortunate. Hopefully your experience was just an unlucky one-off with a driver that may need to consider a different line of work.

Edited by ryndam
typo

On 11/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, Seacreature101 said:

We ( wife insists ) avoid the hassle and just ordered Uber XL. All of her stuff fits where it should. After being in a few car accidents, we don't want bag missiles  flying around the car to save a few extra bucks.