Anthem Balcony

stamford57

6 minutes ago, stamford57 said:

Some of the balconies seem to be set back?

That's only because you are comparing to hump balconies, but there should be a good view in any location I mentioned - the only very slight obstruction is directly down to the water.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, stamford57 said:

Would 9560 or 10560 have a good view forward? I know it sounds silly but we usually have a hump balcony on Indy and some of the Anthem balconies seem quite set back. 

Either of those rooms would be perfect. I’ve actually been in 10158 on the other side of ship and I love that location. Excellent views forward and aft and easy to go up to pool deck and solarium. 

18 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

Im not seeing an outdoor smoking area on deck 5, do you know where it is?  We are currently booked in 6272.

It is outside of Vintages on Starboard side aft

image.png.5b6db9a15717dc5e0eae23d64593bb0c.png

image.png.081c868daf0a652aa7d48f54d7ec7a29.png

Edited by Tatka

19 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

Im not seeing an outdoor smoking area on deck 5, do you know where it is?  We are currently booked in 6272.

Deck 5 aft starboard side. Commonly known as the bus shelter. You go out the door next to the Bulgari shop.

It is NOT the area by Jamie’s on port side ... that is the outside seating area for Jamie.  #6272 is right above the Jamie’s outside area so you do not have any obstructed view from lifeboats, just the glass roof of Jamie’s. 

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, stamford57 said:

Would 9560 or 10560 have a good view forward? I know it sounds silly but we usually have a hump balcony on Indy and some of the Anthem balconies seem quite set back. 

I'll be in 10560 in February. I'll be happy to send you pictures after the cruise. Please remind me if I forget!

9 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

Either of those rooms would be perfect. I’ve actually been in 10158 on the other side of ship and I love that location. Excellent views forward and aft and easy to go up to pool deck and solarium. 

Thanks croozin soozin, that’s what I was thinking. Did you get any noise from adventure ocean above? 

5 hours ago, stamford57 said:

Thanks croozin soozin, that’s what I was thinking. Did you get any noise from adventure ocean above? 

None at all. The only problem I had was the couple next door slammed their door going in and out. I was on a b2b so the second week I was happy to have more considerate neighbors. 

I will second avoiding balconies on 6, at least the ones on the indents where the life boats are.  We booked a 5 day Bermuda pretty much at the last minute.  We took a balcony guarantee because the rate was good and the cruise is mostly open ocean.  Fully understood the rules and have no complaints.  But I would pick a different cabin if it were my choice.  We got 6186, mid-ship, port side.  For this cabin, obstructed means obstructed.  Our view was a relatively narrow aperture between two lifeboat davits.  On these ships, davits are fairly substantial cranes.  Straight down was to promenade deck on 5.  Biggest strike against this cabin is noise.  Near enough to Music Hall and other venues on lower decks we could hear the music [mostly the bass] until about 2 am.  Didn't bother me all that much but DW had a hard time getting to sleep.  Anyway, it was OK for a quick get away, but would avoid it for a longer cruise or one with a lot of scenery. Also first time we've been chased off our balcony by a smoking neighbor [and yes we did rat them out]. Jut cant really blame that on the cabin.